Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

So I just picked up my 124 last night! The dealer in Montreal called me while I was travelling in France and offered me a great price for the Abarth with Brembo and Recaro. I decided to do a little parts shopping while in Europe and came back with a few rare items including the Alcantara dash and the gun metal gray dam insert. The Alcantara dash piece was pretty complicated to figure out the parts number but finally managed after working with the Abarth dealer service department in Dijon France. Anyway here are some photos of the ride!

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Georgous car & extras. Re: The front gun metal grey bumper trim, what is the colour used? Thinking of spraying red trim that high glass colour to match side mirrors, wheels etc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! The front bumper trim is an OEM part that comes painted in Gun Metal as OEM. It's available in Europe but not available as a part for ordering in North America. I have the part number, 52060686, but you will have to order it out of the UK or France. Cheers

·
Registered
534 Posts
Sweet looking ride! Enjoy!

Reactions: JohnnyB

·
Registered
638 Posts
Congratulations, nice and distinctive looking 124 Abarth!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the part numbers. I will post them this evening when I get home. It was tricky getting getting the number for the dash. Even the Abarth dealer couldn't figure it out. We ended up ordering from a VIN for a car they had on the lot. The dealer in Dijon France gave me a discounted price of 460 euro on the dash piece. Still pretty expensive but I am super happy with the look. The front bumper trim piece was around 60 euro.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Nice - I've been lusting over that dash piece. Part numbers would be appreciated.

Of course, I need my credit card privileges to be reinstated after yesterday's snow tires / second set of rims purchase - my justifications for not going with the cheapest steel rims I could find fell on deaf ears. >:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in getting the Alcantara dash part number published. I though the invoice went missing but I found the number #0052061597. I hope you can locate the part!

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in getting the Alcantara dash part number published. I though the invoice went missing but I found the number #0052061597. I hope you can locate the part!

Cheers!
Mahalo @JohnnyB

How difficult was it to remove and replace?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks! The dealer installed it but it took about 15 minutes. Just one screw and a few clips. They didn't even charge me the time.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Thanks! The dealer installed it but it took about 15 minutes. Just one screw and a few clips. They didn't even charge me the time.

Cheers
Ok..the $20 thousand dollar question. What was the name of the dealer/studio you ordered the part? Man I love the look of that dash pad. I do want to order it. I can't seem to find an online parts seller.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Ok..the $20 thousand dollar question. What was the name of the dealer/studio you ordered the part? Man I love the look of that dash pad. I do want to order it. I can't seem to find an online parts seller.
IIRC he got the parts when he was at an Europe trip (France?). Like the Abarth scorpio engine cover, your best bet is to find it from an online Europe reseller.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
IIRC he got the parts when he was at an Europe trip (France?). Like the Abarth scorpio engine cover, your best bet is to find it from an online Europe reseller.

mahalo @wolf18t I did see that he got it on his travels. But since it was a bit of a struggle for him to locate it with the French parts guy...I figured it might be easier to contact them (french parts guy) directly and not recreate the wheel. LOL

any little bit of info helps in the search for parts!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
mahalo @wolf18t I did see that he got it on his travels. But since it was a bit of a struggle for him to locate it with the French parts guy...I figured it might be easier to contact them (french parts guy) directly and not recreate the wheel. LOL

any little bit of info helps in the search for parts!
mahalo @Dfnsmn34 It certainly was complicated to get it sorted out with the dealer in France. Having said that, the only thing that was a challenge was finding the part number. Now that you have the number, I would think if you contacted a UK dealer they should be able to help you. Shipment to Oahu may be a pricey but it's a very a light part so maybe it won't be too bad. Let me know if you have any luck!

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I was able to contact a U.K. Dealer. I'm in the process of finding out pricing and availability. Depending on the what I find I may start a new thread.

That being said. Man the dash pad is much bigger than I realized. I though for some reason the part was only the part you can see..or what your knee would hit! But feeling around. It feels like (I didn't bend down to verify) that piece goes all the way down towards the front of the car! Is it really that big? Drawings seem to show it smaller!

See attached. Item 13.

Attachments

Reactions: depotdan and sdlynx

·
Registered
556 Posts
shame you couldn't just remove the existing one, take it to a good upholstery shop & get them to recover it for you in alcantara
maybe one more logo.... :)

ducking before Bob throws something at me ;)

·
Registered
556 Posts
you maybe need to do the other little bit to the left of the wheel too
didn't notice that in the original pics

1 - 20 of 42 Posts