Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
You definitely took the scenic route to buying. So what are your impressions?

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Hi and Welcome...I'm sure there's a dodgy "Alfa" fan hanging around here somewhere that looks very similar to you...
Lovely Spider, which we all know will be treated with love and respect by it's loyal owner, Cheers
ron

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi and Welcome...I'm sure there's a dodgy "Alfa" fan hanging around here somewhere that looks very similar to you...
Lovely Spider, which we all know will be treated with love and respect by it's loyal owner, Cheers
ron
Thank you. Some days choosing which to drive may prove challenging.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You definitely took the scenic route to buying. So what are your impressions?
I squeaked in under four years between joining and purchasing.

She's pretty much as expected. So far I've driven her home (more freeway than I'd like for getting acquainted, taken my daughter around the block, and gone to get gas with my son the car was delivered with less than half a tank).

No more driving until Monday, when I receive the proper insurance certificate. Gotta check the tire pressure. I've found that cars are often delivered over-inflated.

A few random notes:
  • Love the view out over the hood!
  • There's an extra set of floor mats in the trunk along with the front license plate frame.
  • The salesperson did not know about the cubbies behind the seats.
  • Got a couple of "pops" from the exhaust after releasing the accelerator.
  • USB music sounded good. Need to learn myself the infotainment system and do some fine-tuning.
  • While I have enough room, I need to find a home for my sunglass case.
  • Nice surprise finding an Abarth badge on the steering wheel. I was expecting Fiat.
  • Shared the road with a Lamborghini that was out for a test drive and felt like communicating "you'll impress more people, but you won't have any more fun".
  • My Giulia sits so much higher that getting in and out of it ls like an SUV compared with the Spider.
  • That's all for now.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Look underneath on each side and check to see if the rubber plugs are there near the pinch welds. This is supposed to be done during PDI but many have found them missing. Here is the Mazda part no. if you need to order: FD01-56-051

• There's an extra set of floor mats in the trunk along with the front license plate frame.
  • The salesperson did not know about the cubbies behind the seats.
  • Nice surprise finding an Abarth badge on the steering wheel. I was expecting Fiat.
  1. It's because you have the Veleno package. One set should have 124 Spider, the other the Abarth scorpion.
  2. Sales people at JCDR(F) dealers are clueless when it comes to this car.
  3. 2019 changed this, as well.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look underneath on each side and check to see if the rubber plugs are there near the pinch welds. This is supposed to be done during PDI but many have found them missing. Here is the Mazda part no. if you need to order: FD01-56-051
After nearly four years I should be expected to understand what you mean, and I wish I did. What plugs and what pinch welds,please?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If anyone is looking for a manual Lusso, this car was in the dealer's showroom. I thought it was lovely.

·
Registered
187 Posts
After nearly four years I should be expected to understand what you mean, and I wish I did. What plugs and what pinch welds,please?
If you peer underneath and you see this hole:

... it should look like this:

That hole is used during transport. During the pre-delivery inspection, the dealership is supposed to install those rubber plugs (one on each side). Most don't because very few people take pride in their work anymore.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you peer underneath and you see this hole:
View attachment 77441
... it should look like this:

That hole is used during transport. During the pre-delivery inspection, the dealership is supposed to install those rubber plugs (one on each side). Most don't because very few people take pride in their work anymore.
Thanks for clarifying. How far fore/aft? if plugs aren't installed where should I expect to find them?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found the threads below. Also found two holes and no sign of the plugs (not a lot of places to look). I wonder whether the dealer threw them out. 🤬 I'll check tire pressure tomorrow. Spoiled by the Giulia's instrument panel readout. There is a bit of good news; I found both tow hooks in the trunk. And the navigation SD card is in the bin between/behind the seats (AKA "glove box").

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
45-50 psi on all four corners.

I haven't received the customary customer satisfaction survey yet. I usually just delete them. This time I may use it as leverage.

No response yet to my email to the delivery salesperson, who was either ignorant of the complete scope of delivery or was let down by the service department. I'll give him some time as it's Sunday.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
45-50 psi on all four corners.

I haven't received the customary customer satisfaction survey yet. I usually just delete them. This time I may use it as leverage.

No response yet to my email to the delivery salesperson, who was either ignorant of the complete scope of delivery or was let down by the service department. I'll give him some time as it's Sunday.
You do know that as a New Member you can now start a new thread in the General Discussion department, don't you ?
Ranting and raging about Fiat and their Dealerships is the sole reserve of the rest of the 124 Spider.Org landscape. Now, please move on so that deliriously Happy "real" New Members can let us drool over their new Spiders.
Thank you.
Your Customer Satisfaction Survey form download has been delayed due to Covid-19, Lockdown, Furloughing of staff, The value of the £ again anything, and ..whilst we await a suitable Republican candidate to emerge in time to save The World, no actually that was done in 2008-9 by a guy called "Gordon Brown", unelected PM UK.
Sorry for the interruption folk....normally viewing will be resumed as soon as "Chipshot" calms down and gets back to discussing what mods he is considering in General Discussion section. See you back there Buddy and don't forget...You promised your "Mum" a ride in that fancy new car of yours. Cheers
ron

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't forget...You promised your "Mum" a ride in that fancy new car of yours. Cheers
ron
Mum and I would appreciate any assistance you can provide to get that North American commonwealth to open its border with the US. Wouldn't want to keep Mum waiting by driving the long way through Ohio and Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry for the interruption folk....normally viewing will be resumed as soon as "Chipshot" calms down and gets back to discussing what mods he is considering in General Discussion section. Cheers
ron
Chipshot has already made a major mod that appears to be unique. Has anyone else cancelled the heritage stripe from a car ordered with it?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I'll be if my Spider doesn't smell like my 2004 Miata. Sort of ammonia/fertilizer like. What's an agricultural odor doing a nice car like you?

Ride is better with the proper tire pressure, though I'm surprised at how good it was with them pumped to their maximum.

Happy there's enough room in the console bin for lip balm. The car was delivered with both tow hooks loose in the trunk. Gotta figure out a good spot for them. I'll probably wrap them in an old t-shirt for cushioning. Maybe one from a former employer.

I had a dentist appointment today. They almost didn't let me in because my forehead temperature was slightly elevated. Explaining that I had driven there in a convertible with the top down was as good as a password. I'm glad they're being cautious.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
I forgot to mention here that she received a nice welcome.

View attachment 77473
Maybe it's just me.... yeah, it is... just me.... but I saw something posted one time of the side front view of a black Spider and they mentioned it looked like the head of a shark. Now everytime I see this profile, that's what I think of, and the AR is grimacing at it (resentful of a younger playmate?). :) Congrats on the acquisition.

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
953 Posts
Very nice!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts