Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I live in the Seattle area and yesterday I took my Abarth on its longest drive to date.

I got out of town and headed East on I-90 to the other side of the mountains where it was much hotter and more arid (great change of scenery, too). I came home on a different route using a lot of fun twisting mountain roads.

The turbo provided some nice power to pass cars when needed. But mostly I pulled over to let others pass me as I was in no hurry. I drove about 230 miles and the drive was flawless. Great mileage, nice power and handling. And - very important - no discomfort from driving 5-6 hours.

Fun times!

Stopped at the top of the first mountain pass
Car Sky Mountain Vehicle Wheel

Scenery is so different from the Seattle area. Makes it feel like I’m not in Kansas anymore.
Sky Mountain Plant Road surface Asphalt

A bit hot. The temperature actually got up to 104F. But the car did not overheat. I drove with the top up since I melt in direct sunlight.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Speedometer Automotive design

The obligatory tourist drive through. $17-plus for a generic burger, small fries, small shake. I’m sure getting cheap in my old age. That, and stay off my lawn.
Sky Plant Motor vehicle Building Font

The car is a bug magnet. Cleaned it up right after trip.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice!

Make sure to take WA SR-20 through North Cascades National Park, over Washington Pass to Winthrop. It is one of the most beautiful drives anywhere.

It is especially breathtaking in spring when there’s still snow around. The highway closes around Thanksgiving and reopens by Memorial Day.
View attachment 94215
View attachment 94213
View attachment 94214
View attachment 94216
Yep. I’m definitely driving on 20 this summer. It’s been about 17 years since I’ve made the trip to Winthrop. I did Chuckanut earlier this summer. And I’m considering some additional trips. Do you have any other suggested drives?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts