Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After eleven months of ownership, I just saw another 124 Spider for the first time. I was bicycling in the nearby town of Ponce Inlet and caught a passing car in my peripheral vision. I thought, "Nice car" and turned to look as it pulled away. It was a gorgeous metallic gray. I thought the tail lights made the rear of the car look wider than I experience my own car (which is to say, close up and stopped). Overall, I was impressed by what I saw, but then I would, wouldn't I? On a beautiful partly cloudy day, the top was up, which was kind of a shame but I was also glad because, if the top had been down, I was sure I would have felt a pang of jealousy. Which makes no sense but there it is.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Greetings from DeLand. I was over there last week for dinner at a friends home, but my Abarth is white. Guess it wasn't me. Still, it was a beautiful day and my top was down. On the way home we ran into the typical Florida rain storm, but the top stayed down until we got near hour home.

·
Registered
79 Posts
One of the reviews I read said that if you keep above 26mph, you (and, more importantly, your beautiful leather seats) stay dry.

Could get a bit like Keanu Reeves in "Speed", though, if there's traffic...

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
One of the reviews I read said that if you keep above 26mph, you (and, more importantly, your beautiful leather seats) stay dry.

Could get a bit like Keanu Reeves in "Speed", though, if there's traffic...
not to hijack the thread...but I had the top down yesterday and hit a light rain. I stayed dry while moving the whole time...except when the water started to build up on the side windows (Swirling) and was then leaking over the glass to drip down inside the cab on to my shoulder and the door. For the most part... yes you will stay dry.

btw it wasn't me...I'm in Hawaii.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts