Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now working with Advanced Power Systems Int’l to develop a Fitch Fuel Catalyst for our 124 Spiders! I will keep the community up to date on the development.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just wanted to give the community an update. I installed the fitch fuel catalyst over the weekend. It's a relatively easy install if you're mechanically inclined. Just a few simple hand tools are all you need. I will be posting pictures soon of the install. The exhaust note definitely sounds more aggressive now (probably the ECU advancing timing due to higher octane), less hesitation off of the line and less effort accelerating. I will do some testing in the coming weeks to let you guys know the real-world fuel mileage with the device installed. Fitch claims 1-3 more mpg. I did fill up with 87 octane this morning (ok since the catalyst raises octane) and where my range said 249 before it now said 324. So we shall see. Advanced Power Systems should be updating their website in the coming weeks to show the model for the 124 Spider once they compile the installation instructions.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Another update guys. I finished everything with Advanced Power Systems and the model of Fitch Fuel Catalyst you guys want to purchase is F3624. They should be finishing up the installation instructions PDF this week (with photos of my car!). I am on the same tank of fuel from last week, which is a great improvement of having to fill up every Sunday before my work week since I primarily commute to work with my new car. We are into Tuesday now and I still have half a tank left. Pretty awesome results if I say so myself. I have not changed my driving habits and still do a mix of leisure commute and foot-to-the-floor antics every drive. Here are the photos of the box:

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts