Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FM Radio reception is pretty bad, sometimes downright crap. Even the HD stations. Are you guys experiencing the same
Problem?.
Do I need a replacement Hi Gain antenna? If so, where can I get one and who makes them

Thanks for all replies
Cyberbill , Austin,

·
Registered
59 Posts
FM Radio reception is pretty bad, sometimes downright crap. Even the HD stations. Are you guys experiencing the same
Problem?.
Do I need a replacement Hi Gain antenna? If so, where can I get one and who makes them

Thanks for all replies
Cyberbill , Austin,
No, mines pulling stations like normal. My last car had a similar problem, was an antenna wire badly crimped from the harness

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Mine seems to work ok, I've only tried it once, and that was with The Stubby antenna installed.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Problem?.

Thanks for all replies
Cyberbill , Austin,
My reception on the Bose system is excellent - I actually run a 4 HD station network that covers parts of 3 states, as well as analog. I have the stubby antenna on and yesterday drove a 500 mile round trip through the region and had excellent reception all around the area from several of our stations. The stock antenna is maybe marginally better but only in the fringe areas. The transition between the additional HD channels is also excellent and instant. No waiting for the radio to lock in once you tune to the main channel.

·
Registered
68 Posts
No problems, great reception! Time to visit the dealership! Could be a bad antenna, connection or lead!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Problem?.

Thanks for all replies
Cyberbill , Austin,
Bill, the antenna has a powered amp in it already, so I doubt you'll get much better. The 16" OEM antenna will always pull in better than a 5" "stubby" for those in the fringe areas, so if you've installed a stubby, go back to the OEM. You might not like the look, but if you are really out in the sticks, try a 31" antenna, which is the ideal length.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Reception Fixed....you won't believe it!!

Problem?.

Thanks for all replies
Cyberbill , Austin,
Well I went into the Garage and started to mess around with the radio. Guess what? Started at the antenna, and found it was VERY loose. Another pre delivery screw
up by the dealer. I tightened it up, went back to test and got crystal clear reception.
Thanks to all who responded,
Grandpa Bill, Austin, Tx :):)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Well I went into the Garage and started to mess around with the radio. Guess what? Started at the antenna, and found it was VERY loose. Another pre delivery screw
up by the dealer. I tightened it up, went back to test and got crystal clear reception.

Needless to say Gramps check it periodically...I have old muscle cars with these antennas and they would loosen over time.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I love it when things work out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts