Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if my actual paper owners manual states this but one I downloaded says the fog light will work in either headlight or running light position. My fog lights only work with if the switch is in the headlight position and go off like they're supposed to when hi beams are turned on. Anyone else have their fogs illuminated when the fog light switch is on and running lights selected? My Abarth does not have any of the luxury or safety packages but does have an auto setting for the headlights.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Mine will only have the fog lights on with the headlights on in auto or manually switched on. Nothing with the parking lights or DRLs on.
Ditto.

i tried every combination and could not get fog lights and DRL or fogs only to come on (was testing the look and spread of the LED fog light bulbs I put in). It does seem odd that the whole point is to light under the 'fog', but when the headlights are on, the reflected light just blinds you, regardless. Having said that, from all reports I've seen, fog lights are pretty useless anyway.

At some point, I'll get a wiring diagram and figure out if it's through the computer, or a separate standard relay system.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If through the computer a tweak should be possible since certain headlight and interior light, turn signal and wiper settings can be changed through Infotainment settings.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
We're only allowed to use fog lights in fog here in Aus. They'll give you a ticket and a points deduction here for it.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Ditto.

i tried every combination and could not get fog lights and DRL or fogs only to come on (was testing the look and spread of the LED fog light bulbs I put in). It does seem odd that the whole point is to light under the 'fog', but when the headlights are on, the reflected light just blinds you, regardless. Having said that, from all reports I've seen, fog lights are pretty useless anyway.

At some point, I'll get a wiring diagram and figure out if it's through the computer, or a separate standard relay system.
I'm sure its a lawyer driven choice - on the chance that someone might try to use their fog lights at night without the required headlights. The main goal for fog lights is to keep you from using your bright lights, which reflect drastically back at you. Headlights plus fog lights generally work fine together. Driving with fog lights only at night will give you a ticket in some places.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Our Fiat Wrangler...er......Jeep Wrangler will allow the fogs lights on with running lights only. stock

I do use this feature when I want to be seen in heavy traffic or those in between morning and evening hours.

My last BMW allowed it as well.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Our Fiat Wrangler...er......Jeep Wrangler will allow the fogs lights on with running lights only. stock

I do use this feature when I want to be seen in heavy traffic or those in between morning and evening hours.

My last BMW allowed it as well.
I imagine its more of a Mazda carry over. My 1 series BMW (2012) only allowed the fog lights with headlights - you had to push a button to activate them, but that only worked when the headlights were on. In any case, I just leave them all on auto and never have to think about it. I do wish it had an additional light on the dash for the fog lights as confirmation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts