Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found Recaro seats for sale in California while looking for sport leather seats for my car. They're asking $1,030 including shipping to my zip code in Ne. 817-290-2054 CBA Auto Part

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Grab them quickly if that’s for both.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, they said it was for both. I just thought I'd pass along a good deal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The phone number is in the orignal post.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Texas number maybe, but like many large salvage yards, parts will be in many locations. I know, I own an auto body shop and order often. I was told by the salesman that the seats are in California. That was where the shipping quote was coming from.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Contacted the seller he wants $750 for the seats plus shipping.
Total would depend on where you're located.
I decided to not go with them since there is not a big difference for me between the original abarth seats and these 20190129_100922_1548785769933.jpg
Top seats are the ones for sale, lower ones are mine.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Contacted the seller he wants $750 for the seats plus shipping.
Total would depend on where you're located.
I decided to not go with them since there is not a big difference for me between the original abarth seats and these View attachment 67258
Top seats are the ones for sale, lower ones are mine.
If you're a big guy the Recaros probably aren't going to be that comfortable because they are narrow. If you are tracking or autocrossing your car I think you'd enjoy these as they hold you in place much better. I personally like mine a lot. For just daily driving you're right, probably not worth it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you fit the Recaros are defininitely worth it and significantly more comfortable than any of the other seat options. But again, only if you fit. JP

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the Recaro's and they are completely different from the sport seats which I'm looking for. The Recaro's are very hard with a different seat back angle and steel bolsters that don't give on the drivers seat. Passenger seat has softer bolsters. I'm only good for about 2 hours in them. Great for track use though and I fit. Not great for a long trip for me. I plan on switching seats once a year so I can take a long road trip vacation.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have taken several 5-7 hour road trips in my Abarth with Recaros and I love them. I’m 5’9 and around 160lbs though if that helps.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
The Recaros are amazing. I have made several trips in excess of 8 hours each way with my wife. No aches, no pain at the end of the trips. I’m 6’ and 200 lbs. The 2 areas that I have had pain or discomfort in other seats are my lower back and the back of my legs just above the knee. The Recaros will definitely cradle and support you.

Dan

·
Registered
280 Posts
I changed my mind,.
I decided to buy the seats after all,
I just got off the phone with the merchant

they're going to come out to $750 with shipping included.
It was too good of a deal to pass up.

thankfully my wife says she'll cover the bill it's going to be my Valentine's Day present.

Now the only thing is installation I heard it's a PITA to install these seats.

Afterwards I will be selling my Abarth seats for anybody interested.

Thank you @daytonmike595 for the heads up on this deal & @depotdan and all the other members for your input

1 - 20 of 53 Posts