Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
So glad you got them, I was close to getting them! I don't need them and love my Abarth seats, but that is a smoking good deal and sure I would've liked them. Hope the install goes smoothly and everything transfers over easily...keep us updated as you do the project.

I changed my mind,.
I decided to buy the seats after all,
I just got off the phone with the merchant

they're going to come out to $750 with shipping included.
It was too good of a deal to pass up.

thankfully my wife says she'll cover the bill it's going to be my Valentine's Day present.

Now the only thing is installation I heard it's a PITA to install these seats.

Afterwards I will be selling my Abarth seats for anybody interested.

Thank you @daytonmike595 for the heads up on this deal & @depotdan and all the other members for your input

Reactions: jetlag

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
@Destructo . Let me know how this works out for you. Great buy. I was considering buying them for one of my car projects, but got cold feet after reading their reviews. If you get a good price for your OEM seats, it will be the best price ever for a set of Recaros.

Dan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hey Destructo, I'd be interested in your seats. Save the boxes from the Recaro's and ship them to me. How much are going to want as i found such a smoking good deal on those Recaro's?

Reactions: depotdan

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hey Destructo, I'd be interested in your seats. Save the boxes from the Recaro's and ship them to me. How much are going to want as i found such a smoking good deal on those Recaro's?
I guess we can negotiate a price and I do appreciate your help with finding these seats where are you located cuz I know shipping is going to be a killer on these

Removal / Installation is easy.

Disconnect the battery.
Just the one electrical connector under the seat - a bit tricky...pull down the yellow lock first, then disconnect the black tabs.
Then just the 4 bolts.
I know it's going to be a little bit trickier than that because these are the Bose Recaro seats I will have to find a way to hook up the speakers in the headrest as well won't I?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
You actually got a better price then me on them. They wanted a little over $400 a seat from me and around $100 shipping.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Oh I'm in Omaha,Ne 68134

·
Super Moderator
794 Posts
I guess we can negotiate a price and I do appreciate your help with finding these seats where are you located cuz I know shipping is going to be a killer on these

I know it's going to be a little bit trickier than that because these are the Bose Recaro seats I will have to find a way to hook up the speakers in the headrest as well won't I?
I'm pretty certain that all connections are through the single connector. Now, whether the non-Bose TAU will drive the Bose (passenger side) speakers I don't know.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Update : I contacted the seller who told me that the seats were on their way to me when the truck transporting them was in an accident in Arizona.

Everything had to be shipped back to him he is going to review the seats if they are not damaged the sale will go through as planned.

Hopefully all this is true and it's not a scam it's been over a month since I ordered them so I have my fingers crossed

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
Update : I contacted the seller who told me that the seats were on their way to me when the truck transporting them was in an accident in Arizona.

Everything had to be shipped back to him he is going to review the seats if they are not damaged the sale will go through as planned.

Hopefully all this is true and it's not a scam it's been over a month since I ordered them so I have my fingers crossed
grrrrrrr

can't blame you for thinking its a scam. Lets hope not! Good luck

aloha mike

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Wow!!! My heart goes out to you, Ricardo. I hope things work out and you’re not left holding the bag. Keep us posted on how this works out and if we need to put this vendor on the “no go” list.

Dan

·
Registered
2,575 Posts

Did he not ship them through a legitimate shipper with tracking number? That information would be easy to look up via the tracking number. If you don't have a tracking number I'd be very worried.

·
Registered
310 Posts
RED ALERT

I am a brand-new member and I also have an order out for these Recaro seats. I became aware of these seats from this thread and contacted them immediately and ordered. My main person of contact was "Anthony King". He sounds like an Indian from any tech support line and I now do not believe his name is real name is Anthony King, whatsoever.

I placed my order on February 1st and he claimed they had several sets of Recaros in stock. He claimed they would be at my house in less than a week. He lied, obviously. After two weeks, I called and he claimed that the seats were not shipped because the shipping company "lost the tracking number" and then a few days later that the seats couldn't be shipped because of bad weather in Roswell, Georgia. It has now been over a month and still no seats, so this is a confirmed scam. I contacted him last Monday, Feb 25, and gave him an ultimatum of reporting him as fraud to my CC company or having the seats in my possession by the end of the week. He then claimed the shipping truck has been in an accident in CALIFORNIA, not Arizona like he told Destructo, and that they would be shipped back to him to check for damage, etc. He said he would call me back this Monday, March 4th, with information on where the seats were. He hasn't and I left a very angry voicemail with him today.

Now that I see all this crap, with the changing story with Destructo, IT IS A SCAM!! Get your money back and DO NOT use these frauds!

·
Registered
157 Posts
if you pay with CC or paypal should be able to get your money back, be aware tho PP has a time limit. Scammers will try and delay past that time limit.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Wow just wow!

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
**** it guys... I just read through this thread. Damned scammers. May they rot in ****. I hope you all manage to get your money back through your CC or PP accounts.

Okay, so the automated forum fairy changes my word that sort of sounds like what holds back water to form a reservoir to a set of four asterisks, and then does the same thing with h e double hockey sticks. I so love political correctness. Please let Orwell be fiction again. :)

21 - 40 of 53 Posts