Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just reported the company as fraud to my CC company. The Anthony King fellow claimed they were in Dallas, but the CC company just said all their contact info is in Tulsa. Man am I dumb for letting this fraud go on this long. Oh and my CC was charged on 1/31, so I made my order earlier than I thought.

·
Registered
157 Posts
the thing I don't understand is why does this guy bother. I mean he's got to know, if someone doesn't get merchandise and they pay with a credit card the customer will do a charge back. What possible benefit does he get out of it? And I know stuff like this happens all the time.

and if enough complaints are generated won't cc companies flag them?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Couple of things I've learned and most of you already know. Debit cards are not always the same as credit cards. Years back I purchased airline tickets for Aloha Airlines. Prior to using them, Aloha folded. I used a credit card and was refunded 100%. Had I used my debit card I would have stood in line...A long line to get my money back.

Never use your debit card for online purchases. The protection just isn't there.

My debit card was replaced due to nearing the expiration date about a week ago. Went to the bank ATM to activate it and made three in person purchases all using the chip feature. Two days ago I get an automated call asking if I had just made a purchase in Las Vegas at a McDonalds. Turns out there were three attempts made before my bank notified me. Freaky. My debit card isn't anywhere on my mobile devices or home computer but someone still figured out the numbers.

·
Registered
157 Posts
great advice, I absolutely never use the debit card except at bank atms (giving the housing a jiggle to make sure it's not hacked).All my other purchases are cc only.

I always mention to my friends that debit cards also don't have nearly the consumer protections of credit cards.

Couple of things I've learned and most of you already know. Debit cards are not always the same as credit cards. Years back I purchased airline tickets for Aloha Airlines. Prior to using them, Aloha folded. I used a credit card and was refunded 100%. Had I used my debit card I would have stood in line...A long line to get my money back.

Never use your debit card for online purchases. The protection just isn't there.

My debit card was replaced due to nearing the expiration date about a week ago. Went to the bank ATM to activate it and made three in person purchases all using the chip feature. Two days ago I get an automated call asking if I had just made a purchase in Las Vegas at a McDonalds. Turns out there were three attempts made before my bank notified me. Freaky. My debit card isn't anywhere on my mobile devices or home computer but someone still figured out the numbers.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

A couple of things. When you use the chip feature, doctored keypads and scanners can be set up to capture the card data during the transaction. It's pretty common in locations like convenience stores and even at gas pumps. Ditto for cards that use "tap and go" technology. Consider purchasing a protective sleeve to prevent the card from being scanned/read remotely. RFID and NFC are wonderful technical advances, but that very same convenience can also work to our disadvantage. To give you an idea of what these scanners are capable of, I used an industrial version at a construction site that I was IT Manager on. A semi loaded with goods could drive past the security gate at upwards of 20kph (site speed limit), and while passing at that speed, our system could pick-up as many as 10,000 tagged items in the trailer as it went by. There is a proximity aspect to all this, but some of the scanners are so small they can be hidden in shopping bags, portfolio cases, etc. So a person could literally just walk past you in an airport concourse area and pick up the data from the cards in your wallet. Thankfully, the banks use AI algorithms to track and spot questionable transactions. It's not perfect, but its a help. And any bogus transaction that's blocked before it occurs means less overhead risk and cost for all of us. And no matter how much of a challenge this is, its still far better than the good old days of carbon sheets that got dumped in the trash behind the malls.

·
Registered
192 Posts
the thing I don't understand is why does this guy bother. I mean he's got to know, if someone doesn't get merchandise and they pay with a credit card the customer will do a charge back. What possible benefit does he get out of it? And I know stuff like this happens all the time.

and if enough complaints are generated won't cc companies flag them?
That is what I don't get either. I always use a credit card for any kind of big purchase, simply because it is very easy to charge things back if everything doesn't work out. My CC company is doing an "investigation" right now, so I don't have the money back yet, but there is no way these Indian fraudsters have the seats, so I just have to wait the process out now.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Has anyone uncovered the Part # for the Recaro seats?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I changed my mind,.
I decided to buy the seats after all,
I just got off the phone with the merchant

they're going to come out to $750 with shipping included.
It was too good of a deal to pass up.

thankfully my wife says she'll cover the bill it's going to be my Valentine's Day present.

Now the only thing is installation I heard it's a PITA to install these seats.

Afterwards I will be selling my Abarth seats for anybody interested.

Thank you @daytonmike595 for the heads up on this deal & @depotdan and all the other members for your input
I changed my mind,.
I decided to buy the seats after all,
I just got off the phone with the merchant

they're going to come out to $750 with shipping included.
It was too good of a deal to pass up.

thankfully my wife says she'll cover the bill it's going to be my Valentine's Day present.

Now the only thing is installation I heard it's a PITA to install these seats.

Afterwards I will be selling my Abarth seats for anybody interested.

Thank you @daytonmike595 for the heads up on this deal & @depotdan and all the other members for your input

Hi, I'm a new user. Do you still have those Abarth sport seats available. I need them to have bose in both headrests. Just bought new Abarth with Recaros and are having big guy small seat problem. I'm 6'1" 275. Need regular sport seat, Preferably leather black & red with Bose.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts