Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks fantastic! Was considering this myself before I put miles on it...what did you do, just stop at the stripe (no coating on the stripe itself)?

Also, done professional - or try this one yourself. Assuming the statement 'just back from' means you had someone do this for you.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks fantastic! Was considering this myself before I put miles on it...what did you do, just stop at the stripe (no coating on the stripe itself)?

Also, done professional - or try this one yourself. Assuming the statement 'just back from' means you had someone do this for you.
Had it done for me. They did the whole car- stripe included. The ceramic coating works amazing on the black stripe.

·
Registered
714 Posts

Had it done for me. They did the whole car- stripe included. The ceramic coating works amazing on the black stripe.
Which brand of coating did you go with?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Very nice job, looks better than new:)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Wow! That looks fantastic.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Beautiful!!! i plan to have my Rosso Lusso coated soon, if it looks half as good as your car I'll be a happy clam!

Does Ceramic Pro require curing under special lights or is it apply and go?

Paul

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Beautiful!!! i plan to have my Rosso Lusso coated soon, if it looks half as good as your car I'll be a happy clam!

Does Ceramic Pro require curing under special lights or is it apply and go?

Paul
I don't believe it does Paul. But I'm not 100% sure...

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was ceramic pro.
Still having issues with the soft top (not beading water like it should). But they are getting a new ceramic pro product in for me
Check out this link, I think I am talking bad about you, lol.

http://www.124spider.org/forum/11-e...s/124Spider/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]
Lol. No new paint job but it feels as expensive as one.
Even with the ceramic, from far away it looks spectacular but up close the red shows every single mark and even fingerprints. Almost as bad as black IMHO. Maybe worse!:0

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Even with the ceramic, from far away it looks spectacular but up close the red shows every single mark and even fingerprints. Almost as bad as black IMHO. Maybe worse!:0

Well it looks like new paint to me, and that is my story and I am sticking to it:D

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Well it looks like new paint to me, and that is my story and I am sticking to it/forum/images/124Spider/smilies/tango_face_grin.png
Hahaha fair enough. Good plan

·
Registered
94 Posts
Your stripe is vinyl right? Been checking youtube, there's plenty that have ceramic coated vinyl. For some reason, I just never thought it was possible.

Heading out of the country for a while...may look to do this when I get back. As stated, been looking to do this on my Audi for a few months now.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your stripe is vinyl right? Been checking youtube, there's plenty that have ceramic coated vinyl. For some reason, I just never thought it was possible.

Heading out of the country for a while...may look to do this when I get back. As stated, been looking to do this on my Audi for a few months now.
Yup. Stripe is vinyl and ceramic coated. It seriously worked like a charm on the vinyl. I'd even argue better than the paint. It gives the matte vinyl a deep, rich black and a very very slight satin appearance. And easy to clean which matte black is usually not.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hmmmm, sounds as though they did not do a very good prep job or a paint correction prior to applying Ceramic Pro.

Paul

1 - 20 of 37 Posts