Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,150 Posts
One thing I noticed right away was that I could have Ceramic Pro applied to every surface of the car. I had to stop at some point and didn't do the top or interior. I'd already treated the top with Chemical Guys fabric top treatment anyhow.
I expected that the final step would be to apply Ceramic Pro to my body. THAT'S a step too far!!
best regards
Pete

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Reactions: jetlag

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Couple of pics of mine after getting treated. Wasn’t cheap, but I’d do it again...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Reactions: Seagas

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did a DIY on my black and it's awesome. Slippery smooth and looks great.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I got my car done last weekend. The company did the job on Saturday morning but kept the car in warm garage until Monday morning when I picked it up. The job was done with Korrek Pro Cure TFC. Guarantee is 3 years and it should last up to 5 years. I got a special service as they also coated wheels, under the hood, under the roof and slabs, under the trunk and inside the doors, thus all visible red and some more.

Before washing and coating:

After, note how clean even my yard looks:

Color differences mainly due to cloud and lightning conditions.

·
Banned
2,883 Posts
Santuu, how much was it?

·
Banned
2,883 Posts
Looks great btw!

·
Super Moderator
1,150 Posts
Me too!

It was ceramic pro.
Still having issues with the soft top (not beading water like it should). But they are getting a new ceramic pro product in for me
I had my red Abarth done with Ceramic Pro too, plus an Excel film bra. I think it's money well-spent considering how thin the paint is. Plus, the car stays cleaner. Dirt doesn't stick.
I passed on the top since I had cleaned and treated it with Chemical guys top treatment. Water just beads off it.
best regards
Pete

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
I had my red Abarth done with Ceramic Pro too, plus an Excel film bra. I think it's money well-spent considering how thin the paint is. Plus, the car stays cleaner. Dirt doesn't stick.
I passed on the top since I had cleaned and treated it with Chemical guys top treatment. Water just beads off it.
best regards
Pete
I did the same and although not inexpensive, I think it's worth it. My spouse might have a different assessment, but at moments like these I've been described as having selective hearing. lol

·
Registered
Abarth 124 Spider & Audi S5 Cab
13 Posts
Just back from ceramic coating
Dear TreeTopFlyer
Firstly let me say that your car looks absolutely superb. I was torn between the red and the Portogallo grey (metallic silver to anyone else) but living in the UK where we see more grey skies than blue (blue sky brings out the red very nicely) I opted for the grey as it take less maintenance and looks similar all year round. As luck would have it there is a Ceramic Pro outfit near me in Manchester so I'll be getting that done post lock-down. However my question is about your wheels tyres and springs. I have in mind a 30mm reduction in ride height using Vogland springs (a German brand) paired with a change of wheels and tyres. I was originally going to go with standard 17 x 7 wheels and 205/45 tyres but having seen yours I am now thinking 17 x 7 with 215/45 on the front and 17 x 8 235/45 on the rear. Given what you have done with your car do you see any issues with this. Rubbing arches etc?
Best regards
Chris

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Dear TreeTopFlyer
Firstly let me say that your car looks absolutely superb. I was torn between the red and the Portogallo grey (metallic silver to anyone else) but living in the UK where we see more grey skies than blue (blue sky brings out the red very nicely) I opted for the grey as it take less maintenance and looks similar all year round. As luck would have it there is a Ceramic Pro outfit near me in Manchester so I'll be getting that done post lock-down. However my question is about your wheels tyres and springs. I have in mind a 30mm reduction in ride height using Vogland springs (a German brand) paired with a change of wheels and tyres. I was originally going to go with standard 17 x 7 wheels and 205/45 tyres but having seen yours I am now thinking 17 x 7 with 215/45 on the front and 17 x 8 235/45 on the rear. Given what you have done with your car do you see any issues with this. Rubbing arches etc?
Best regards
Chris
He sold his car 2 years ago, but since he still has his Diecast 124, he has an Honorable membership here. I think he still reads the board, hope he can reply to your question. But keep you hand on the wallet. LOL Last time he told me to do the Ceramic coating on my car, I am still having chiropractor sessions. o_O

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
He sold his car 2 years ago, but since he still has his Diecast 124, he has an Honorable membership here. I think he still reads the board, hope he can reply to your question. But keep you hand on the wallet. LOL Last time he told me to do the Ceramic coating on my car, I am still having chiropractor sessions. o_O
I managed to haggle my cost down through tossing some common sense their way. They had a fixed rate based on vehicle type. I said, "come on folks, this thing is so small, it has half the surface area of any other car you're gonig to do aside from maybe a SmartCar... and you don' t do the cop. Cut me some slack." ....and they did. Age old story. If you don't ask, you don't get. The worst they can do is say no. lol

21 - 37 of 37 Posts