Attachments

#3 ·
Trying these again

Attachments

#4 ·
Another

Attachments

#5 · (Edited)
Looks fantastic! Was considering this myself before I put miles on it...what did you do, just stop at the stripe (no coating on the stripe itself)?

Also, done professional - or try this one yourself. Assuming the statement 'just back from' means you had someone do this for you.

#6 ·
Had it done for me. They did the whole car- stripe included. The ceramic coating works amazing on the black stripe.

#11 ·
#14 ·
I don't believe it does Paul. But I'm not 100% sure...

#15 ·
It was ceramic pro.
Still having issues with the soft top (not beading water like it should). But they are getting a new ceramic pro product in for me
Check out this link, I think I am talking bad about you, lol.

http://www.124spider.org/forum/11-e...s/124Spider/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]
Lol. No new paint job but it feels as expensive as one.
Even with the ceramic, from far away it looks spectacular but up close the red shows every single mark and even fingerprints. Almost as bad as black IMHO. Maybe worse!:0

#16 ·
Lol. No new paint job but it feels as expensive as one.
Even with the ceramic, from far away it looks spectacular but up close the red shows every single mark and even fingerprints. Almost as bad as black IMHO. Maybe worse!:0

Well it looks like new paint to me, and that is my story and I am sticking to it:D

#18 ·
Your stripe is vinyl right? Been checking youtube, there's plenty that have ceramic coated vinyl. For some reason, I just never thought it was possible.

Heading out of the country for a while...may look to do this when I get back. As stated, been looking to do this on my Audi for a few months now.

#19 ·
Yup. Stripe is vinyl and ceramic coated. It seriously worked like a charm on the vinyl. I'd even argue better than the paint. It gives the matte vinyl a deep, rich black and a very very slight satin appearance. And easy to clean which matte black is usually not.

#21 ·
One thing I noticed right away was that I could have Ceramic Pro applied to every surface of the car. I had to stop at some point and didn't do the top or interior. I'd already treated the top with Chemical Guys fabric top treatment anyhow.
I expected that the final step would be to apply Ceramic Pro to my body. THAT'S a step too far!!
best regards
Pete

#26 ·
I got my car done last weekend. The company did the job on Saturday morning but kept the car in warm garage until Monday morning when I picked it up. The job was done with Korrek Pro Cure TFC. Guarantee is 3 years and it should last up to 5 years. I got a special service as they also coated wheels, under the hood, under the roof and slabs, under the trunk and inside the doors, thus all visible red and some more.

Before washing and coating:

After, note how clean even my yard looks:

Color differences mainly due to cloud and lightning conditions.

#27 ·
Santuu, how much was it?

#28 ·
Looks great btw!

#32 ·
Me too!

It was ceramic pro.
Still having issues with the soft top (not beading water like it should). But they are getting a new ceramic pro product in for me
I had my red Abarth done with Ceramic Pro too, plus an Excel film bra. I think it's money well-spent considering how thin the paint is. Plus, the car stays cleaner. Dirt doesn't stick.
I passed on the top since I had cleaned and treated it with Chemical guys top treatment. Water just beads off it.
best regards
Pete

#33 ·
I had my red Abarth done with Ceramic Pro too, plus an Excel film bra. I think it's money well-spent considering how thin the paint is. Plus, the car stays cleaner. Dirt doesn't stick.
I passed on the top since I had cleaned and treated it with Chemical guys top treatment. Water just beads off it.
best regards
Pete
I did the same and although not inexpensive, I think it's worth it. My spouse might have a different assessment, but at moments like these I've been described as having selective hearing. lol

#34 ·
Dear TreeTopFlyer
Firstly let me say that your car looks absolutely superb. I was torn between the red and the Portogallo grey (metallic silver to anyone else) but living in the UK where we see more grey skies than blue (blue sky brings out the red very nicely) I opted for the grey as it take less maintenance and looks similar all year round. As luck would have it there is a Ceramic Pro outfit near me in Manchester so I'll be getting that done post lock-down. However my question is about your wheels tyres and springs. I have in mind a 30mm reduction in ride height using Vogland springs (a German brand) paired with a change of wheels and tyres. I was originally going to go with standard 17 x 7 wheels and 205/45 tyres but having seen yours I am now thinking 17 x 7 with 215/45 on the front and 17 x 8 235/45 on the rear. Given what you have done with your car do you see any issues with this. Rubbing arches etc?
Best regards
Chris

#35 ·
Dear TreeTopFlyer
Firstly let me say that your car looks absolutely superb. I was torn between the red and the Portogallo grey (metallic silver to anyone else) but living in the UK where we see more grey skies than blue (blue sky brings out the red very nicely) I opted for the grey as it take less maintenance and looks similar all year round. As luck would have it there is a Ceramic Pro outfit near me in Manchester so I'll be getting that done post lock-down. However my question is about your wheels tyres and springs. I have in mind a 30mm reduction in ride height using Vogland springs (a German brand) paired with a change of wheels and tyres. I was originally going to go with standard 17 x 7 wheels and 205/45 tyres but having seen yours I am now thinking 17 x 7 with 215/45 on the front and 17 x 8 235/45 on the rear. Given what you have done with your car do you see any issues with this. Rubbing arches etc?
Best regards
Chris
He sold his car 2 years ago, but since he still has his Diecast 124, he has an Honorable membership here. I think he still reads the board, hope he can reply to your question. But keep you hand on the wallet. LOL Last time he told me to do the Ceramic coating on my car, I am still having chiropractor sessions. o_O

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.