Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so this is breaking my heart, but marital harmony is on the line. Mrs R has decided my fabulous Auto Ricambi exhaust is too loud and so - after much consideration, I've decided to sell it - you have to pick and choose your battles right?

This is the resonated version and was on the car for only 200 miles. Gasket, hardware and all original packaging included.

$350 plus a split of shipping costs (Fedex or UPS ground within the lower 48 - if you're further afield and interested, PM me and we'll see if we can work something out. Its a 44" * 24" * 9", 18lb box shipping from the 80016 zipcode).

The picture is after it was removed from the car. The packaging is back on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
OK, so this is breaking my heart, but marital harmony is on the line. Mrs R has decided my fabulous Auto Ricambi exhaust is too loud and so - after much consideration, I've decided to sell it - you have to pick and choose your battles right?

This is the resonated version and was on the car for only 200 miles. Gasket, hardware and all original packaging included.

$350 plus a split of shipping costs (Fedex or UPS ground within the lower 48 - if you're further afield and interested, PM me and we'll see if we can work something out. Its a 44" * 24" * 9", 18lb box shipping from the 80016 zipcode).

The picture is after it was removed from the car. The packaging is back on it.

Man I hate to hear that. What is the difference between resonated and unresonated? I know very little about exhausts and wheels for that matter. I have been waiting for the Record Monza everyone is talking about, now worried it might be too loud, lol.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Resonated is quieter than un-resonated, although its all relative. The turbo already muffles the exhaust noise to some extent so these are not loud by after-market exhaust standards and the sound is way more refined than the ricer crowd open-can exhausts. Think more Jaguar F-Type rather than 1995 Honda CRX.

But it is obviously louder than your average crossover SUV which is what my other half is used to - I thought she'd be OK with it, but I guess I got that wrong. I'm gutted - to me the sound and noise level was perfectly judged by Auto Ricambi.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I agree with you completely but Have yet to breach the subject to my better half. I think I may have won the battle over new wheels," why do you need new wheel on a new car?", so I may just lay low for a little while

·
Registered
274 Posts
Darn! I paid full boat to AR for the exact same thing and as you know, I live within driving distance of you.

This pipe is the bomb; it lets you and others know you are around but not obnoxious in any event. Basically a subtle exhaust note if you will.

PS: I don't have a half (that can vote) so I'm good to go. YMMV...

PSS: As discussed in another thread, this exhaust will NOT get you noticed by the local constabulary.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does the dual tip imply Abarth-only, or does it fit a Lusso as well?

Thx, S
Per the AutoRicambi website, it’ll fit any 124.

·
724 Posts
This system will fit any FIAT 124, yes.

I am sorry to hear that it was not wifey approved. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I hear some asking about noise level. I have this as well and really like it. Keep in mind that Abarths don't have the resonated mid-pipe from the factory, so this will be a bit quieter on a non-Abarth 124.

Startup is a bit loud as the car warms up for the first time, but once past that I think it's tolerable in regard to noise level. And the person who said it's more high-end sounding vs Honda rice box - this is spot on... My partner thought it was going to sound like his friends Hondas and Mazdas, but was pleasantly surprised when he heard it.

I do have the pops and bangs tune and have tried with the OEM muffler (sound like a rock hitting a tin pan) and with the Autoricambi resonated muffler delete. With the muffler delete it's very loud when it pops... Not an issue with the exhaust, but it does occasionally sound like my car fires off a couple of rounds lol.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Exhaust is sold - thanks FastJew.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Also selling my non resonated AR . Probably the best sounding system out there however I am going with an open downpipe so going to need a resonated muffler to prevent straight pipe roar :) .this was always my plan and mentioned it in previous threads . I truly just love the sound of this system. In So Cal for anyone Interested .

·
724 Posts
Also selling my non resonated AR . Probably the best sounding system out there however I am going with an open downpipe so going to need a resonated muffler to prevent straight pipe roar :) .this was always my plan and mentioned it in previous threads . I truly just love the sound of this system. In So Cal for anyone Interested .
When I went with a high flow cat on my Abarth 500, I added a small resonator in the mid pipe and it kept things civil. I agree though, catless with non-resonated = loud.

·
Registered
50 Posts
just curious was it much louder in the cabin while driving? If you cruising at 55mph did you get a droning sound?

·
Registered
587 Posts
just curious was it much louder in the cabin while driving? If you cruising at 55mph did you get a droning sound?
I have the non resonated version which is even louder and it sounds awesome . Best sound out there in my opinion . I actually want it louder so resonated I feel would be a perfect upgrade to get a little more growl out of the factory system.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There was some additional noise while cruising, but nothing I'd call significant or unpleasant.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts