Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased this one used from another board member in January. Full kit including cleaner and oil, supposedly has the newest version of the T-fitting restrictor, and I've confirmed multiple times it is facing the correct direction. Cleaned up and ready to install with minor wear from previous installations (cosmetic - no holes/rips/etc... will post clear pix tomorrow.)

The V2 is an open-element design, so the turbo noises are significantly louder both inside and outside the car. I've had a number of compliments on that, and on the intake's much cleaner appearance in the engine bay... but after a few weeks, I've decided I prefer the quieter approach.

This intake has thrown P1CEA CEL's on my car, though, interestingly, the person I bought it from never had a single CEL. From what I can gather talking to a number of other V2 owners with the same issue, the common thread seems to be long highway cruises locked right around 3k RPM. Unfortunately, that's about 80% of my driving right now. (Eurocompulsion said they were working on a potential fix, but I haven't heard back yet.)

Price includes shipping within the continental US, let me know if you're elsewhere and we can split it.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I was the previous owner of this and confirm I never had any codes thrown by the intake. In fact, I've run all three EC intakes without issue. I replaced the V2 with a V4 when I was planning for the phase 2 tune.

Reactions: jconli1

·
Administrator
1,969 Posts
FWIW I had that code come up once with the V2 intake and it ended up being a vacuum leak at the catch can because I ended up using hose clamps other than the ones EC supplies with the kit. Good luck with sale, I had a lot of fun when I ran the V2 intake.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I believe we have a solution for anyone getting a CEL associated with our V2 or V4. I am making a video about it right now.

Greg
cool

I'm one of the "3-k get a code" guys as well...
I was thinking I needed to reinstall (for the 4th time) but maybe it's just when it hits that spot in the rev range for x amount of time.
I might go hit I5 and do an experiment....

:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts