Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.

What is the 140 hp Spider's fuel consumption in city? Official number says 8.5 lt.

Is it true?

·
Registered
12 Posts
With my experience 8.5 is the correct number.Out of the city from 6.8 to 7.4, on the highway (130-150 km/h) from 7.2 to 8.

·
Registered
573 Posts
8.5 litres per 100km is equivalent to 32.1 miles per UK gallon (36.7 miles per US gallon). I had been getting around 35 mpg (UK) or 29 mpg (US) on a mix of local roads and highways, so 7.8 l/100km, and had been rather disappointed to be honest, but maybe that's OK?

·
Registered
575 Posts
8.5 litres per 100km is equivalent to 32.1 miles per UK gallon (36.7 miles per US gallon). I had been getting around 35 mpg (UK) or 29 mpg (US) on a mix of local roads and highways, so 7.8 l/100km, and had been rather disappointed to be honest, but maybe that's OK?
How much weight have you been putting on the gas pedal ? 7.8L compared to 8.5 is a marginal difference that'll really come down to driving habits I would think

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
I am getting 27 mpg but just broke 1000 miles on the car. I've been taking it easy and have not done any extended time at freeway. It will be interesting to see how it adjusts as the engine breaks-in. I'm looking forward to a short road trip to see how the efficiency improves.

Pete

·
Registered
958 Posts
On my drive today from Albuquerque, I stopped in Big Spring to fill up. I got 403.6 miles on 9.38 gallons, that's 43 miles per gallon. I had a very strong tailwind most of the way. From Big Spring to San Antonio, I only got 35 mpg, no tailwind and 80 mph speed limit on Interstate 10 between Junction and Kerrville.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I consistantly get between 30-32 on my 2017 Classica, 6 speed manual, w/Autoricumbi pipes. I have often gotten up to 34+ if I'm "easy" with it...which is very hard!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Make sure you are comparing roof up/down. Official figures are roof up. I've done back to back roof up/down at 70mph and there is a 4mpg (uk) hit to performance

·
Registered
173 Posts
Make sure you are comparing roof up/down. Official figures are roof up. I've done back to back roof up/down at 70mph and there is a 4mpg (uk) hit to performance
ahhh, so that's it. Recently did a 2 hr road trip and going got 44 mpg and coming back 36 mpg. Couldn't figure out why the difference. But your post cleared it up...roof was up going and down coming back!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Yes. This got to me for a bit as well as I did lots of local drives out during June all with roof down, and was consistently getting 3-4mpg less than I was used to pre-lockdown (Feb, so roof up most of the time).

But I deliberately did 30 miles back to back - roof up and down at 70mph on flat road and an actual 4mpg difference. I was expecting more actually!

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Found a couple of threads on this subject going back as this one does.....average seems to have been around 33 mpg.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
It's a massive spectrum as well. I've seen average lows of 22 with a tune and roof down and gunning it. I've also seen peaks of 51 when cruising through 50mph road works in 6th

Also using motorway average doesn't work in the UK. Where I am the motorways are pretty hilly so I get a few mpg less than when I'm with my family in flatland Lincolnshire!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts