Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wondering if anyone else has experienced better highway gas mileage when using the sport mode on their AT Abarth. In the past I have never used the sport mode on the highway and my Abarth never got more than 35-36 MPG I forgot to turn it off the other day on a short trip on the interstate about 60 miles and noticed that I hit 41 MPG when I got off the highway.Would anyone know why I get better MPG when in sport mode at least for highway driving?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Personal driving variation. On the same commute that I have I can run from 22mpg to 31mpg; same distance, same traffic.

There isn't a noticeable difference between sport and non-sport mode (wrt. fuel consumption).

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Hi I was wondering if anyone else has experienced better highway gas mileage when using the sport mode on their AT Abarth. In the past I have never used the sport mode on the highway and my Abarth never got more than 35-36 MPG I forgot to turn it off the other day on a short trip on the interstate about 60 miles and noticed that I hit 41 MPG when I got off the highway.Would anyone know why I get better MPG when in sport mode at least for highway driving?

It is all about that right foot:D

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you use cruise control the difference is negligible. Normal right foot controlled speed you'll see the MPG drop. But, all in all it's cheap fun!:)

·
Registered
283 Posts
One of the first tests I did was to monitor the instantaneous MPG reading on a long, level, straight stretch of highway on a calm day going between sport and regular mode while in cruise. No difference whatsoever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts