Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I would like to share some results obtained with the new 4.1 gear ratio set on the Abarth 124 AT. The results are exceptional! even if I have to correct some things the data obtained are incredible for an automatic gearbox, moreover the car is now very pleasant to drive, very progressive and fast when changing gear. The 4.1 enhances the automatic change in an incredible way.

O-100 6sec (average)
0-400mt 14.2 (average)
70-150Km / h 9.2sec (average) 4th fixed ratio
The tools used:
Telephone Mi A2
Garmin Glo2 GPS 10hz
Obd2link mx
Harry's Dyno / Torque PRO / Obd Fusion
Flat highway along both directions
Temperature ext 21 ° c IAT 31 ° c

Screenshot_20191013-135113.jpg
1.jpg

·
Registered
133 Posts
Apologies - too lazy to search - what is the factory final drive for the automatic? I’d be interested in changing the manual final drive to make it a bit quicker. Cruising in six would have high rpms but perhaps there’s a taller 6th gear that could be swapped in.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apologies - too lazy to search - what is the factory final drive for the automatic? I’d be interested in changing the manual final drive to make it a bit quicker. Cruising in six would have high rpms but perhaps there’s a taller 6th gear that could be swapped in.
Axle Ratio: 3.454:1 with manual / 3.583:1 with automatic

·
Registered
805 Posts
and before and after data?
Also 4.1 would be useful for AT
but 4.1 will be terribly too close for MT

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You did a 13.58 quarter mile in an auto 124 by just changing the rear gear??
In addition to 4.1:

Phase 2 adapted for my style, many thanks Toby !!, 200Cell, IC EC, Forge Wgt and recirculation and other less interesting items.

Furthermore, the sequential gear box (200ms measured by Harry Dyno) of time for shift I believe has contributed enough, on the Abarth 124 AT in Sport mode the management of the gearbox is incredibly fast and with 4.1 it has greatly improved.

The 4.1 transmits an incredible driving pleasure on the Abarth 124 AT, the best modification to do on this car!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and before and after data?
Also 4.1 would be useful for AT
but 4.1 will be terribly too close for MT
Results with 3.58:
1/4 Miles 14.5sec
70-150 10.2sec
With 4.1 I removed 1sec!

The Modification 4.1 is only suitable for the 124 ATs, this modification is used to reduce the gap with 124MT, now we fight on equal terms !!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Congrats on a nice mod. I would like to see photos and tutorial on how you did the swap. I've done gearing swaps on a Jeep Wrangler and that was an advanced project. It should be easier on the Fiat.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats on a nice mod. I would like to see photos and tutorial on how you did the swap. I've done gearing swaps on a Jeep Wrangler and that was an advanced project. It should be easier on the Fiat.
Unfortunately I have no video of the mod., I sent the complete differential to a company specializing in gears, there is no 4.1 bevel gear on the market to fit on our 124 / ND, so they had to design and build gears from scratch, they did a great work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts