Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've spent a lot of time lamenting the items left off of the US Abarths, and also a lot of time chasing them down from UK accessories companies, E-Bay, etc. I'm wonder has anyone tried to get in touch with the Abarth office in Turin, Italy? The European web site has a lot of 500 accessories, but not 124 accessories. I guess we just wait? Or can we speed up the process by knocking on their door via e-mail? So far, I've not been able to locate an e-mail address for their customer service dept. When I've tried to send a customer service question through their web site, the site won't process it (it probably figured out that I'm not from the UK or Europe). Anyone fluent in Italian? I speak several languages, but unfortunately Italian isn't one of them. Wish I would have known about this when I was there last summer...

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
You can use Google translation. Anyway, I have contacted several of these guys, In Italian, French, English and even my Italian dialect:laugh: some have answered at the beginning but lately, they haven't answered. Last I emailed a UK Abarth, for the steering wheel badge and no reply yet. For the steering wheel badge, I just put the project aside and maybe in a year or 2, when there will be more Abarth on the road, there will more suppliers and some one will sell the badge.

·
Registered
727 Posts
?...For the steering wheel badge, I just put the project aside and maybe in a year or 2, when there will be more Abarth on the road, there will more suppliers and some one will sell the badge.
Same here. I'll wait. I'm too much of a perfectionist to settle for some of the home-made badges I've been seeing, lol. Some of them look decent but I want the real deal, indistinguishable from stock.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All good points, but I've seen Google translate mangle languages that I do understand, so I don't trust it. Time to go visit my friends in Grenoble and make a side trip to Turin. Would be fun to take a tour of their factory if they offer that the way that other manufacturers do in Motor Valley. Anyway...not this year...

·
Registered
529 Posts
I actually did contact Fiat directly and it got the results I wanted

In short - I was trying to get a special order Abarth 500 but the local importer was "less than accommodating". The off & on discussions lasted nearly a year and at one stage was told it was no deal.

As a last resort I sent an email to Fiat using the international Fiat website - i pressed the Contact Us button !!! Explained my wants and frustrations to them....... in English. Heard nothing for about a week and then got a call from the importer that basically said (in a very blunt fashion - I would stress) - here, call this one dealer, give them your requirements and let them sort it out.........and NEVER contact Fiat again !!! result !!!

Good luck

·
Registered
97 Posts
I emailed Abarth and was contacted by FCA ....with no help....I also approached 2 fiat dealers in Europe to by parts and no answer.

Only way is you physically stand on the parts counter in Europe and order the part you want......I guess.

I am hoping someome across the world would do the badge for the steering wheel as they have done for the Punto abarth below ....which I have seen swapped but cannot find te supplier.....maybe someone can locate. I believe this will work for us.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The Abarth engine cover on the 124 Scorpione looks pretty sweet. C'mon FCA, assign it a Mopar number and sell it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts