Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Vendor
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something that some of you may not know is that MADNESS Autoworks is not simply an online business. We operate 2 locations (CA and TX) which house a walk in store with parts and accessories on display. In addition, we have a number of custom FIAT cars on display with a variety of modifications.

Not only do we ship parts all over the world, but we also service, repair and modify on premises. We offer custom fabrication and full customizing services with a very well trained and experienced staff.

A number of enthusiasts have come and continue to come to our California location for installation services. Now that our Texas location is fully built out and operational we are also installing on premises and are now doing everything from doing simple installs to doing full custom car builds.

What we would like to do here is to share with you one of our current projects that we are doing in our Texas location.

About 2 weeks ago we had a fellow FIAT enthusiast stop by our location to evaluate our offerings, our custom builds, our location and our team. After our meeting and after seeing what we can do he decided to hand us the keys to his new 124.

His comments to us were as follows:

I work directly with FIAT corporate.
I love this car.
I am on a track regularly, but I usually only do left hand turns (NASCAR).
I plan to take this car to the track regularly and need it to perform.
I also need to have it look good and road worthy.
It has to be reliable at the same time and I need to have a team that can stand behind their work.

With that said we went to work. The car dropped off and we went to work.

We decided to put this thread up as mostly an info thread to share with all of you. We will do our best to update it with progress and answer any questions you may have.

Thank you as always for your interest and continued support.

Here is the 124 as it sits stock ready for the transformation.

·
Vendor
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a little video of the owner on the track in his other car:

·
Super Moderator
948 Posts
I stopped by Madness/Texas this last week and saw this Abarth in their shop. It is undergoing a very nice transition to a track-worthy car that is still capable of being comfortable on the street. This shop is very capable and if you live in the central TX area and wish to have your car modified, I think they would be worth looking into. The facility is top-notch, and the staff is currently working on a couple of complex restorations. I would consider these guys to be our "local" shop for specialty work.
best regards
Pete

·
Vendor
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I stopped by Madness/Texas this last week and saw this Abarth in their shop. It is undergoing a very nice transition to a track-worthy car that is still capable of being comfortable on the street. This shop is very capable and if you live in the central TX area and wish to have your car modified, I think they would be worth looking into. The facility is top-notch, and the staff is currently working on a couple of complex restorations. I would consider these guys to be our "local" shop for specialty work.
best regards
Pete

Hey Pete,
It was a pleasure to have you at our shop last week! Thank you for the kind words about us and our new shop. We do definitely love doing restorations and specialty work. We love to cater to not only Fiat enthusiasts but all car enthusiasts and love doing specialty work on cars as well. Thanks You again and we hope to see you again in the future!

·
Vendor
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some follow up pictures of the 124 getting put on the lift.

Let the MADNESS begin!

·
Vendor
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As the transformation continued we kept up to date with taking photos of this build while it was in the shop! Here are some additional images as we worked hard on this Abarth:

·
Vendor
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are additional images as we upgraded the ABARTH. In the following images we installed the exhaust, FIAT 124 Spider Center and Chassis Power Brace by Cusco:

For those who may be interested in purchasing the FIAT 124 Spider Chassis Power Brace by Cusco please follow the links below:

FIAT 124 Spider Center Chassis Power Brace by Cusco:
http://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124-cid528/suspension-brakes-wheel-spacers-cid538/fiat-124-spider-chassis-power-brace-by-cusco-center-pid4354

FIAT 124 Spider Rear Chassis Power Brace by Cusco:
http://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124-cid528/suspension-brakes-wheel-spacers-cid538/fiat-124-spider-chassis-power-brace-by-cusco-rear-pid4355

·
Vendor
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We worked hard building this gorgeous 124 Spider ABARTH, as the build continued we kept on top of taking photos of all the upgrades. Here are some additional images as installed these parts on the FIAT 124 ABARTH.

This last image we show some special work being done to to the interior to stabalize the FIAT 124 Spider ABARTH on the track:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Would love to see a complete build like this being reviewed, specifically by someone like Matt Farah from the Smoking Tire. Or even just someone who has good experience driving the normal 124 and then jumping into this...that can really put things into perspective

·
Registered
108 Posts
Let's get those air flow systems out please!

·
Vendor
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Now this is cool as heck. Tuning going on as well?
Yes we have installed MAXPower ECU during this build. We have been doing more work to this car. More photos and upates will come soon.

Will both of those chassis braces work on an automatic transmission car??...thanks
Yes, the chasis braces will work on both automatic and manual transmissions. It sits further back under the car so it the transmission will not affect fitment. Here's an image to show that:

Would love to see a complete build like this being reviewed, specifically by someone like Matt Farah from the Smoking Tire. Or even just someone who has good experience driving the normal 124 and then jumping into this...that can really put things into perspective
If someone ever does take the time to do a review on a build like this we would love to see it as well! :)

Let's get those air flow systems out please!
These MAXFlow Intake Systems are available for purchase here:

http://www.124spider.org/forum/346-madnesss-autoworks/11714-upgrade-your-intake-system-maxflow-intake-system.html

·
Vendor
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We haven't updated this thread in a short while.

The owner of this 124 ABARTH brought his car back in to have the Sparco Racing Harness installed for track purposes.

He is now on the road and track ready!

Here a few images before and after we installed the harness:

If any of you have any questions regarding custom work please feel free to reach out to us!

·
Super Moderator
948 Posts
Your shop did some beautiful fitment on this car! It's very nice how you got the interior bits back together with the roll bar.
Best regards
Pete

·
Vendor
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your shop did some beautiful fitment on this car! It's very nice how you got the interior bits back together with the roll bar.
Best regards
Pete
Thank you so much! We truly appreciate the feedback. We put a lot of time and effort into this 124 Abarth! :D

·
Vendor
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

·
Vendor
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Racecar is back for a tune at our Austin location!

We have her safe and sound in the showroom for the time being!

Come by and check her out! We would be more than happy to give yall the grand tour!

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
i see a wheel change....and the steering wheel looks to be the european version with the RD stripe at 12 O'clock !!!!! ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts