Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
There is not benefit from the BOV other than the cool sound you get. The benefits from the GFB diverter valve are more tangible. For one thing, the part is much more sturdy/reliable than the stock plastic part (which is so fragile it literally broke apart in my hands as I was removing it). The GFB DV improves throttle response and allows the car to hold boost much better between shifts, mitigating turbo lag. Probably the best <$200 mod available for the car--I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

·
Registered
235 Posts
There is not benefit from the BOV other than the cool sound you get. The benefits from the GFB diverter valve are more tangible. For one thing, the part is much more sturdy/reliable than the stock plastic part (which is so fragile it literally broke apart in my hands as I was removing it). The GFB DV improves throttle response and allows the car to hold boost much better between shifts, mitigating turbo lag. Probably the best <$200 mod available for the car--I couldn't be happier with my purchase.
I haven't seen the thread being referenced, are you talking about the adapter plate? If so, that's just for noise.

An actual BOV, at least the Forge, is superior to just the GFB DV. The GFB DV still uses the factory solenoid coil. If you plan to run higher levels of boost, I'd say skip the GFB and go right to the Forge.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Someone on the Australian thread said they were doing this. Why? What is the benefit? Is it worth it? Honest question, I need to know something about this.
Are you referring to the member who posted he had installed both? If so, I corrected that and he acknowledged the correction. He had the the GFB DV+ and the Forge adapter plate, not the Forge blow off valve.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Old 03-10-2017, 05:09 PM
MonsterCro

Sydney

2017 White Manual, Dealer fitted EC v2 Intake, ECU Flash, GFB DV+ and forge BOV, Alcantara Dash and Steering wheel.

Dealer modded Sat Nav which now includes digital dash display on screen

Steve

·
Registered
958 Posts
old 03-10-2017, 05:09 pm
monstercro

sydney

2017 white manual, dealer fitted ec v2 intake, ecu flash, gfb dv+ and forge adapter plate, alcantara dash and steering wheel.

Dealer modded sat nav which now includes digital dash display on screen

steve
fify

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have a GFB DV+ and Torque Solutions atmospheric bov adapter waiting to be installed on my car. It should happen this week. I'll post a video in my build thread when it's done.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Another thing I noticed from the GFB DV+ is the increased driveability at low RPMs. Before, at very low speeds in first or second gear (for example when driving in parking lots) the car would judder and begin to hop up and down, forcing me to choose between either driving faster than I thought was safe, or riding the clutch more than I'd like. With the DV+, that is no longer a problem, though I'm not entirely sure why?

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Another thing I noticed from the GFB DV+ is the increased driveability at low RPMs. Before, at very low speeds in first or second gear (for example when driving in parking lots) the car would judder and begin to hop up and down, forcing me to choose between either driving faster than I thought was safe, or riding the clutch more than I'd like. With the DV+, that is no longer a problem, though I'm not entirely sure why?
The DV+ assembly helps hold boost progressively, so you are likely experiencing the benefit.

·
Registered
71 Posts
So I gotta ask, I see your signature says, "Dealer modded Sat Nav which now includes digital dash display on screen"

Can you give us inquiring minds any more detail on what was done...what digital dash you had your dealer add?
Thanks!!

J

Old 03-10-2017, 05:09 PM
MonsterCro

Sydney

2017 White Manual, Dealer fitted EC v2 Intake, ECU Flash, GFB DV+ and forge BOV, Alcantara Dash and Steering wheel.

Dealer modded Sat Nav which now includes digital dash display on screen

Steve

·
Registered
958 Posts
Thats the digital dash on the sat nav
That is really cool, but I have questions. Is that available from my local dealer? How much? Why is your red-line set at 5000 rpms? Can you change it?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I just hope these BOV's aren't too loud since when it comes time to pass by a cop, that might not be a good thing if you guys know what I mean ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
That is really cool, but I have questions. Is that available from my local dealer? How much? Why is your red-line set at 5000 rpms? Can you change it?
The red line at 5k is a "high water mark" type of thing, not a limit. Same with the speedometer display. The add-on app is available from Ameridan's tweaks page for the infotainment system. There's a free version, and may be a newer version with a small donation. There are quite a few other things that can be modified for a better info screen experience. It's an easy install, no need for a dealer. Just have to be a bit patient with it while it's updating. Link to Ameridan's page is here - https://21stcenturyfiat124spider.wordpress.com/ameridans-radio-silencer/common-tweaks-that-work-in-the-fiat-124-spider-infotainment-center-7-0/ Lots of great info on his blog.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Actually the redline mark at the 5k mark os the reference of maximum rpm so far during drive. If you went to 6k rpm it will go to 6. It just a reference to show how hard you have pushed it. There is also one on the speed in the picture just a bit under the 120kmh mark as my max speed for the trip was 117kmh so you can see it on the speed as well.

It was a free service from the dealer. but as some has stated you can do it yourself

·
Registered
958 Posts
Thanks Phillawson and MonsterCro.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts