Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in Central Texas, I really enjoy global opening windows on my Mustang GT.

But my 124 Spider doesn't have it, or I'm not aware of it.

So is there any way of installing a global opening retrofit into our cars.

Thanks for all replies
Grandpa Bill:confused:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Me neither. If it is something like auto-opening all windows, we only have 2 windows and if they've been initiated, you simply need to push both window switches down for about 2 seconds, and they will both auto-open.

I'm guessing that one button might auto-open all 4 windows in the Mustang?
Or when lowering the top, all the windows fully open, rather than open halfway like ours do?

·
Super Moderator
948 Posts
think I might have had this feature in my 2004 Accord. You hold down the unlock button on the key fob and all four windows open. Was great when the car had been in the sun during summer and I needed to vent all that hot air. Our 2013 S60 lacks this feature. :(
It's kind of a no-brainer for the car company. I don't know why it seems to be such an anomaly.
regards
Pete

·
Registered
145 Posts
Me neither. If it is something like auto-opening all windows, we only have 2 windows and if they've been initiated, you simply need to push both window switches down for about 2 seconds, and they will both auto-open.

I'm guessing that one button might auto-open all 4 windows in the Mustang?
Or when lowering the top, all the windows fully open, rather than open halfway like ours do?
My owners manual warns me to never operate both windows at the same time or risk a blown fuse. Hard to reconcile that with both windows dropping when I unlatch the top though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
In most of the Euro cars, this function is available (hold unlock button and all windows will wind down).

I looked through the user manual and can't find any mention of this. I did note the do not open both windows at one time warning - it's kind of odd.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
MX5 and 124 are the first cars I've had in ages that don't have the "hold unlock = windows (and sunroof) open, and hold lock = windows (and sunroof) closed" feature.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
think I might have had this feature in my 2004 Accord. You hold down the unlock button on the key fob and all four windows open. Was great when the car had been in the sun during summer and I needed to vent all that hot air. Our 2013 S60 lacks this feature. :(
It's kind of a no-brainer for the car company. I don't know why it seems to be such an anomaly.
regards
Pete
I have a feeling your guess is correct. My 2004 Accord had that too. That is the car I traded in for my Spider ;)

I think most of us would appreciate being able to close all the windows from our fob, more than the opening feature. We can vent out hot air quickly by simply opening the top.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts