Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I'm out pleasure driving I like to take a camera with me. (I'm not a cell phone camera fan, I prefer the traditional camera.) Is the glove box large enough to hold a typical DSLR with small-medium size lenses (no birding lenses), or a mirrorless interchangable lens camera, and maybe an extra lens? I realize I may need to leave the camera bag at home, but a folded hand towel could act as cushioning for the gear.

Does anyone else tote along a simple photography kit in the 124? What are you doing for gear storage short of using the trunk?

Thanks.

Steve.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Unless you've got it jammed with stuff, the glove box will handle an slr. Fiat didn't include the cd player from the mx5 so the space from that is empty space in the bin. The lens would depend on what size, but my Nikon with a small zoom attached fits.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If I'm out pleasure driving I like to take a camera with me. (I'm not a cell phone camera fan, I prefer the traditional camera.) Is the glove box large enough to hold a typical DSLR with small-medium size lenses (no birding lenses), or a mirrorless interchangable lens camera, and maybe an extra lens? I realize I may need to leave the camera bag at home, but a folded hand towel could act as cushioning for the gear.
R
Does anyone else tote along a simple photography kit in the 124? What are you doing for gear storage short of using the trunk?

Thanks.

Steve.
Steve.. I am a simi-pro photographer and usually i store everything in the trunk...just easier to get to.
Also, there Is no tradition glove box in the 124. Behind the two seats, there is storage to hold a mirrorless, or DSLR
Without a large lense, but access to these two boxes is awkward. There is also a lockable storage bin behind and in between the two seats. Like I said, keeping gear in the locked trunk is the safest route.
Cyberbill
Austin.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to know, thanks for the help. Keeping the camera in the bin between the seats will allow quick access to a basic kit. I would not depend on this bin, or the trunk for security purposes. Whenever I leave any car, the gear comes with me.

I don't normally keep much in any glove box, so I think even with small stuff in this bin, I'll be able to keep a camera there.

Steve.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Is the glove box large enough to hold a typical DSLR with small-medium size lenses (no birding lenses)
Steve.
A Nikon D7000 SLR with a Nikkor 18-300mm DX lens will fit either in the glovebox between the seats or in the storage cubby behind the seat. When the top is up the glovebox works. When it is down, the cubby works OK if for some reason I don't want to take the camera with me. In daylight for a short absence, there is little risk there; the place is hard to get to (or even discover). When I am gone for more than an hour I use the trunk, where I keep my camera pack.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, Oliver, good info to have.

Steve.

·
Registered
45 Posts
IS there a cube y behind both seats?

Is there a cubby behind both seats and a lockable bin in between the seats and will the center console hold a cell phone and a pair of sunglasses

·
Registered
559 Posts
There is a cubby behind each seat and the center bin easily holds sunglass, etc. It's actually more spacious than the glove box in my bmw SUV. It's just more vertical rather than wide.

Reactions: Ladnerite

·
Registered
559 Posts
To clarify, I was referring to the glove box between the seats. Upon re reading I see you meant the console. That does hold sunglasses, a small flashlight and some other stuff. I put my cell in the space next to the usb ports so I can keep it powered rather than eat up my battery on a long drive.

·
Registered
45 Posts
To clarify, I was referring to the glove box between the seats. Upon re reading I see you meant the console. That does hold sunglasses, a small flashlight and some other stuff. I put my cell in the space next to the usb ports so I can keep it powered rather than eat up my battery on a long drive.
Thank you

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
... I see you meant the console. That does hold sunglasses, a small flashlight and some other stuff. ...
Your console holds ALL those things?! :eek:

I'm thinking of starting a picture thread of all the things the console should hold but doesn't :)

(just a bit of jest - I didn't buy the car for it's loose change carrying capacity...)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts