Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

861 - 880 of 1029 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
We WILL get a video clip and not a picture of your 1st cranking of the engine, right?

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #862 ·
We WILL get a video clip and not a picture of your 1st cranking of the engine, right?
That I promise. The engine placement wasn't all that exciting other than me cussing a lot and shaking the shit out of the engine and transmission until they slammed together. Then me cussing more at having no room to put the bolts in now. The end.

I will get all of it from putting the battery cables on forward. Priming like @Greg has laid out for me and hoping it fires and runs. Or then it will just be a few hours of lots more cussing. We will see....

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #864 ·
Was just notified that the ECU has shipped. So Monday or Tuesday delivery and then I need to take a day off! My new thermal datalogger arrived today with some extra higher temp probes. I have two 200C, five 700C, and one 1000C to do the inside the blanket to outside delta. Brought home my FLIR handheld IR Camera to take pictures with also. I am ready.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I am so excited.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #867 ·
So not only is there the video requests, now it has snorted a line and tweaked up to Livestream requests. That's asking a lot from me. I do not like pictures, recordings, or video of myself or my voice as it is. Dunno why, just always been that way.

Which platform would be best if I decide to do it? I know what it is, but have never done it so not familiar with all the set up. Instagram and YouTube are the only media I use. IG is easy enough with my phone but I would rather set up the GoPro to be the camera so I can move around more freely. Don't want to run both separate if I don't have to. Would the web version on a laptop connected to the GoPro work? The camera in the laptop is coming up on 5 years old and its had a post it note over the lens the entire time!

·
Registered
371 Posts
So not only is there the video requests, now it has snorted a line and tweaked up to Livestream requests. That's asking a lot from me. I do not like pictures, recordings, or video of myself or my voice as it is. Dunno why, just always been that way.

Which platform would be best if I decide to do it? I know what it is, but have never done it so not familiar with all the set up. Instagram and YouTube are the only media I use. IG is easy enough with my phone but I would rather set up the GoPro to be the camera so I can move around more freely. Don't want to run both separate if I don't have to. Would the web version on a laptop connected to the GoPro work? The camera in the laptop is coming up on 5 years old and its had a post it note over the lens the entire time!
I’d leave a GoPro recording from one angle and Livestreaming from IG in the phone from a more POV angle.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
@calahedron Looking good!
Glad reassembly went well and cant wait for fire up.
As far as video goes I would just record the startup and post it.
The live stream adds a lot of pressure especially since you want to focus on addressing any issues if any.
Good luck and hears to firing on all 4 soon🙌

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #870 ·
Tracking finally appeared. Wednesday Cinco De Mayo! So it looks like I can have a few prickly pear margaritas that night and not go to work on Thursday or Friday to hopefully get thru 3 to 4 oil changes by Sunday evening. Well that would be a best case scenario and we all know how things have gone so far.....

·
Registered
778 Posts
Gonna need a live feed on those oil changes.....oh wait...no you're good

Reactions: Calehedron

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I say, "Go break a rod!" Don't live stream, there is too much on you already. I would just like to see the rerun with AngelVixen purring. But of course with that straight pipe, she will howl!

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #873 ·
I got back underneath the rear end to make a more permanent fix for the rear parking brake cables. Used a rubber lined P clamp and short sheet metal screw to get real close to the OEM hole the anchor originally was in. I got the upstream anchor back in its hole after straightening it a bit and then sank another sheet metal screw and washer to pinch it in place. It could be strung better and I will redo it again when I upgrade the back end and everything is out of the way end to end. I'll roll it out later and check the holding power on the driveway incline like before.

FINALLY fixed my rocker panel that I broke the very first time I ever lifted the car. I used a metal pinch weld adapter, NOT a good choice. It flew off the jack and car slammed down on the cup after about 2" of lift. It broke one green and one big while slider clip on the car but stayed in place for the most part. I had to slide it forward about once a week.

When I took it off, I saw why it was sliding back. One of the clip things was twisted badly and 2 were broken off completely. J-B Weld to the rescue! Glued the 2 stands back to the panel, moved the broken white clip to the middle where I will put a sheet metal screw per the TB. Put the green clips on all but the twisted stand and it looks good as new now.

Front:

Rear: This is the important one! It has the notch that locks once slid into place.

The nose is back on and about to put the hood on after the break. She needs a bath!

Reactions: alltimesaresoon

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Ken, where did you get the clamps for the parking brake? I’m interested in trying this, looking forward to your opinion on if this really improved it.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #875 ·
Ken, where did you get the clamps for the parking brake? I’m interested in trying this, looking forward to your opinion on if this really improved it.
Amazon of course!

·
Registered
4,006 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #877 ·
Perfect. Is 3/8” the size you got, or the default the page is pulling up?
I actually bought 1/4 and 3/8, the 3/8" was best here so that's the one I linked.

Reactions: sharkcohen

·
Registered
4,006 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Before I forget.....

When I pulled the black silicone hoses off the high boost 2mm brass T for the Turbo to Wastegate and DV solenoids, the port coming from the turbo was CLOGGED with black goo. If that was blocked during operation, it could also be a contributing factor to a failed WG or DV opening enough to dump boost.

Now it has 3mm hose and brass T in that place and I WILL be checking it for obstructions for a while!
I’ve been thinking about this. The pressure from the turbo keeps the diverter closed, the vacuum side opens it. I don’t think a clog on the pressure side would have caused the diverter to be unable to open.

But if it blocked pressure from reaching the wastegate solenoid…

861 - 880 of 1029 Posts