Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

881 - 900 of 1029 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #881 ·
I’ve been thinking about this. The pressure from the turbo keeps the diverter closed, the vacuum side opens it. I don’t think a clog on the pressure side would have caused the diverter to be unable to open.

But if it blocked pressure from reaching the wastegate solenoid…
Now that you say that, I agree. The DV is the opposite of the WG and would be pushed closed with the boost.

Reactions: sharkcohen

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #882 ·
I traded in the Spider over a year ago, but still check in here just for this thread. Excited to see this coming together.
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #883 ·
While frustrating as Hell, it's almost comical at this point with everything having some issue or another.

The PacoMotorsports alignment hub stands arrived a little bit ago. A full set of casters missing and one of the base plates is warped so it wouldn't matter if I had casters anyway. Not that these are needed right now, but can't a guy catch a break somewhere?

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #884 ·
Still need to give her a bath but she's ready to roll.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Man you should have had them overnight the ECU LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #887 ·
Man you should have had them overnight the ECU LOL.
USPS would have been faster for sure. I would have paid for 2 day for sure if they would have let me know when they shipped it.

Reactions: sharkcohen

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #888 ·
Paco is sending out a set of casters of course but the funny part is the fact that I have 3 baseplates that don't wobble a little. Even says later in the instructions that they will flex slightly when load is applied. All good there.

I think I am going to have to buy a set of upgraded eccentric bolts now. For the rear camber if anything since that's what would be changing the most often for drag racing being 0 on the Mickeys and neg2-3 the rest of the time on my street tires. The front would stay the same but a good locking set is nice to have all around.

TWO MORE DAYS! Between ABQ and PHX now.

·
Registered
778 Posts
All of our ES(pidery)P's are twitchin.....

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #892 ·
So a little good news. ECU was delivered to my porch a few hours ago, a day early. COVID-19 shot 2 on the way home, grab 2.5 gallons of fresh 91, and then it will be the moment of truth.

Stay Tuned!

Reactions: alltimesaresoon

·
Registered
778 Posts
how'd the 7 oil changes go? did you sieve out some winners?

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
So a little good news. ECU was delivered to my porch a few hours ago, a day early. COVID-19 shot 2 on the way home, grab 2.5 gallons of fresh 91, and then it will be the moment of truth.

Stay Tuned!
Second shot hit me like a freight train. Don't push too hard.

Reactions: Calehedron

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #895 ·
how'd the 7 oil changes go? did you sieve out some winners?
Oil change counter will start tonight. I hope to put 1500-1700 miles and 3-4 oil changes by Sunday the 9th. That will put me right at 26K for the fresh start.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #896 ·
Second shot hit me like a freight train. Don't push too hard.
Well this one didn't hurt or sting as much going in but I know that the 2nd is the beast. Gas purchased, clothes changed, time for a quick drink and then to the sweatshop.

I am seriously a nervous wreck now more than at any other point......

·
Registered
412 Posts
I know you probably won't believe me and that it's easy for me to say this having only had one that was out of commission for ~6 months myself, but I fully believe there will come a day where you'll be driving along, and the car will just be running comically well, and this will all be a fading memory. Almost there. Finish strong.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #900 ·
Still working on the priming but it didn’t catch fire as soon as the new battery was installed. Turns over fine, just got to get some oil pressure by bleeding out the air.

So glad it recognized the key and turns over unlike the problem @Spoolin32 had.

881 - 900 of 1029 Posts