Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

221 - 240 of 240 Posts

·
124 Spider Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
With factory Crosspipe there is a flex joint at the outlet, it can be a different angle in relation to midpipe flange every time you drive it, it is in constant movement intentionally on round end gasket, aggressive driving will wag entire exhaust system around on rubber band hangers and that flex joint at crosspipe outlet with springs to keep tension at all angles is what prevents cracks in the system. Our Crosspipe duplicates that same factory style flex joint connection, just in bigger diameter and without the crunch bends. Picture is our bigger 2.5 inch Crosspipe and little factory crosspipe in the background. So don't worry if flanges not square to each other at joint between crosspipe and flange, it's a moving joint from the moment you start the motor and it will be constantly changing angle relationship with midpipe flange.

·
124 Spider Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Fun Autocross in the Fiat yesterday, video below with resonator installed (System One) because we have sound limits at our stadium. As you can hear, with the quick change resonator installed it is quite reasonable on sound, some will find it too mild but 5 minutes under the car and you can swap back in the straight pipe section where the resonator otherwise lives. The car is quick, hard to argue with results, we were the fastest thing with doors at the Kickoff 2020 Season event, beat every Porsche, Corvette, Lotus, Miata, etc....despite 3 year old tires on the car which were the only tires I had handy at the last moment to toss on after the Miata I was going to run at the event had mechanical issue at the event.

The Winning Run!

I worked on the tune for a while, bought both Tork tune and Eurocompulsion, did logs back and forth with each vendor to refine the tune, ultimately Tork tune was the best so it stayed in the car (though the EC team was very easy to work with and I am sure more logs back and forth could have further refined that tune too). I was not too bummed when I had the mechanical on the Miata because I was itching to race the Fiat again with all the latest refinements, including new rear spoiler, which helped a lot. I have not updated the threads for this car in a while, here is what is on the car now, click the links for more details:

One of our Complete Exhaust Systems for Fiat 124 (Crosspipe, Resonated Midpipe, Muffler Delete).
Ohlins Coilovers
Karcepts front and Karcepts rear Sways
Wilwood Dynalite Front 12.19" Big Brake Brake Kit
OSGiken Superlock LSD for Fiat 124
Blackbird Rear Adjustable Spoiler (Prototype, cranked up to max AOA here for autocross)
APR front Splitter
LIGHT 17x9 Flow Formed Wheels with 245/40
Tork Tune (E85)
Stuffed Turbo from NGEN
Go Fast Bits DV+ Diverter Valve
RoadsterSport Ultra Light Battery MOUNTING KIT
Blackbird Fabworx ND RZ Roll Bar
RoadsterSport 4 Piece Complete Fiat 124 Underbody Ultralight Aluminum Brace Kit

That's mostly complete, a few other prototype bits on the car including cooling scoop for fins of the engine oil pan, big shift knob we are having fun with, and more. Full build thread in our home forum CLICK HERE. I am going to work on getting 17x10 under the stock fenders, custom offset with no more tire than we are doing now. We make a 17x10 for NC Miata racing which is 5x114, got the factory making me an undrilled set we can custom machine for offset and 4x100. Same 245/45 tire that is pretty fast on 17x9 as you see here will be at least another second faster spread on 17x10.

·
124 Spider Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Another Fiat 124 Customer here at Good-Win Racing today for RoadsterSport exhaust bolt on fun! On startup I am reminded how very mild a delete is on Classica and Lusso because these models have a factory midpipe resonator (unlike the Abarth). Final sound as shown here is still well under a stock Abarth, just a nice deep note compared to almost no exhaust sound when it was stock a few minutes before. Who is next for some easy bolt on fun?

Start shopping right here: Fiat 124 2017-2020 Exhaust - Fiat-124 Performance Parts

·
124 Spider Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Fun with our project cars, team member Andrea Mathers driving the turns in our Good-Win Racing Project Fiat 124 today before the clouds arrived promising more rain. Ohlins coilovers and lots of other goodies in this build, it sticks the turns!

We have major part shortages coming folks, manufacturing and distribution is slowing to a crawl. Down to our last two of the OHLINS COILOVER kits as used on this car and likely weeks before we get more. Also down to last three of System One Fiat 124 Adjustable Sound Exhaust Setups that is on this project. So if you want to install some fun on your Fiat during this crisis, don't wait.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Th
Bryan at NGEN just did the definitive installation video, seriously stellar job!

Thanks Brian!

it really is an amazing exhaust and really good quality. Plus the pops and crackles....

For me... straight pipe 100% of the time and put the resonator as a trophy on the mantle 🤣

However, the resonator really is a great option if you have to keep things a little quieter due to commuting/neighbors.

But either way.... you get BOTH so it doesn’t matter!

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Bryan at NGEN just did the definitive installation video, seriously stellar job!

I’m looking forward to watching this now that I’ve already installed it 🤣

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Th

Thanks Brian!

it really is an amazing exhaust and really good quality. Plus the pops and crackles....

For me... straight pipe 100% of the time and put the resonator as a trophy on the mantle 🤣

However, the resonator really is a great option if you have to keep things a little quieter due to commuting/neighbors.

But either way.... you get BOTH so it doesn’t matter!
Gonna go straight pipe for sure. Later on I’ll get the crosspipe. Hope I still get some pops and crackles though.
I called NGEN twice since you’re in Texas too but no one answered so I ordered from GWR. Guess you guys must be busy with the e-commerce!

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Gonna go straight pipe for sure. Later on I’ll get the crosspipe. Hope I still get some pops and crackles though.
I called NGEN twice since you’re in Texas too but no one answered so I ordered from GWR. Guess you guys must be busy with the e-commerce!
You really should do the crosspipe now.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
You really should do the crosspipe now.
Worked out a deal with the mechanic. Will pay $150 now and he will later on install the crosspipe. It is $400 more and we are in a crisis, I’m pushing it as it is with a $1k exhaust lol.

Also, it requires 24 hours of soaking
In that PB blaster which I don’t have?
but yeah looking fwd to it once I get it! For now I just NEED the sound.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I do forget how much the crosspipe costs. But, the System One crosspipe is $100 less...

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I do forget how much the crosspipe costs. But, the System One crosspipe is $100 less...
I’ll just wait another 15 days haha.
Gotta love having a manual for optimal 2.5 performance ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sorry we didn’t receive your call. We get a lot of spam calls so next time please leave us a message or text the number. We will definitely get back to you.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Sorry we didn’t receive your call. We get a lot of spam calls so next time please leave us a message or text the number. We will definitely get back to you.
I’ll hit you up my future performance upgrades such as the bigger turbo ;)

221 - 240 of 240 Posts