Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After weeks of harsh winter conditions, we got a break in the weather today —and tomorrow. Temperatures rose to 60F/16C, the sun came out. It was totally spring-like weather.

So I dropped the top, rolled down the windows and took the Spider out for a drive. Nothing like driving around to the fresh smell of evergreens, the sweet scent of firewood, and feel the crispy air hit your face.

Got lots of stares from other drivers still encased inside their SUVs.

We go back to winter conditions by Saturday.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it looks like yesterday’s spring-like weather will hold today. Wohoo!

I might have to go on a drive with my camera.

The return of the dreary rain has now been postponed until Monday. No sub-freezing temps in the horizon, though.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Got a nice break in the weather here in Mid-Michigan also. Temp jumped from highs in the mid teens w/ lows at night in the low single digits to 37° yesterday w/ an overnight low of 22°. Short lived reprieve though, Saturday's high predicted at 18° w/ overnight low at 4° with the 10 day forecast looking like much of the same. Factoring in wind chill with these temps pretty much eliminates trying to plan a day at the beach.
So I just keep looking out at Moonracer sitting under his cover in the garage hoping that the occasional 'warmer' day coincides with my/his scheduled start-ups. Luckily things have worked out so far .......... come on SPRING! ;)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. They way I see it, the worse winter gets, the sweeter spring feels when it arrives! :LOL:

·
Registered
614 Posts
You are right of course, a sunny/warm spring day when held next to the cold/windy/overcast of late would be, would feel exceptionally sweet.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Glad someone is getting a break. Mine will come eventually.

Reactions: Aldo
1 - 7 of 7 Posts