Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a test ride w/wife. Drove home in Black/black/manual/luxury pkg 2017 Abarth and its got the heritage stripe to boot! No brembos but that's a future mod.

The ride home(in the dark) was great. Headlights are fabulous as are the seat heaters(it cold here in nj). This thing is a blast to drive. Gearbox is a joy to work and I love the slot car feel.

Had a 70's 124 and now I'm back.

Still can't believe it's in my garage!

So now I need to get the red stuff and badges.

Wow!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, sounds like you're really enjoying it so far!

Isn't the Heritage "stripe" package black? Must really blend in on a black car? On upgrading your brakes, if my Abarth didn't already have the Brembos, I would've gotten the Wilwood 4-piston calipers for the front AND rear. I think their kits come with s/s lines and pads, in addition to the calipers, so it's a complete kit. The factory Brembo kit only has 4-piston Brembos on the front, with stock rear 2-pistion calipers painted red. At least with the Wilwoods, you'll get 4-piston calipers on the rear as well.

In any event, welcome to the forum, and enjoy the heck out of that Abarth!

·
Registered
537 Posts
In NNJ here,,, Had may car about 2 weeks, Where did you get her?

·
Vendor
3,094 Posts
Went for a test ride w/wife. Drove home in Black/black/manual/luxury pkg 2017 Abarth and its got the heritage stripe to boot! No brembos but that's a future mod.

The ride home(in the dark) was great. Headlights are fabulous as are the seat heaters(it cold here in nj). This thing is a blast to drive. Gearbox is a joy to work and I love the slot car feel.

Wow!
Welcome, and pictures WILL be appreciated.

Greg

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Welcome - looking forward to hearing of your Spider exploits.

Definitely need pictures - really curious to see the heritage stripe on a black car.

·
Registered
382 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts

Wow!
Good goin! I have similar - no stripe. You won't find Brembo as an aftermarket BBK - the wilwood is a great looking option - especially the six piston set up front. Enjoy!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Red stuff and badges on the way! Just came back from my first long ride. Wow! Hey the passenger cup holder is in perfect position for me. Found storage compartments behind both seats. Nice.

ps driving and looking out over that matte hood is all part of the experience. oh yeah and everytime that traction cntl light comes on , I say thank you

pss - I was in a goth band in the 80's so the that's when I got in to black.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Peter Black, I also have a black Abarth, I have added the red trim to the front spoiler, tow bar cap, mirrors, and also did the rear spoiler...was thinking about doing the heritage in flat black. Would like to see how it looks on your car.. I will post some pictures of mine, as soon as I figure out how to do it on this site.....welcome and you will love the car, regarding the brake upgrades, if you are not going to track the car, the breaks you have a good enough.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts