Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to find a Rosso 6-speed Abarth. Preferred to find it is SC, as we pay maximum $300.00 sales tax on new cars. Found one in-state first day looking, bought the next, January 2, 2017. Seemed like one of a few on the East Coast. My first Fiat was an 850 Spyder over 40 years ago. The smile is back on my face, and suddenly I have a hobby as I go into retirement! Looking forward to this forum for all the things all of you bring to the ownership experience. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Banned
425 Posts
Wanted to find a Rosso 6-speed Abarth. Preferred to find it is SC, as we pay maximum $300.00 sales tax on new cars. Found one in-state first day looking, bought the next, January 2, 2017. Seemed like one of a few on the East Coast. My first Fiat was an 850 Spyder over 40 years ago. The smile is back on my face, and suddenly I have a hobby as I go into retirement! Looking forward to this forum for all the things all of you bring to the ownership experience. Thanks in advance!
Congratulations! Not a bad way to start retirement. I would caution you though about trying to race the P-51. At least wait until you flash up the ECU.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welcome from another newbie!

It's always great news to find what you were looking for!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Congrats. You got the fast color �� . Have fun and look forward to hearing more about your time in the car.

·
Banned
425 Posts
Yes, P-40 at American Volunteer Group fly in in Atlanta, 2016.
I still have trouble confusing the Classica with the Lusso too.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rando. I live in NC but purchased my Classica in SC, Benson Fiat in Greer. An easy straight forward deal without any BS. I know there is another 124 running around here, with yours and mine and my friend's in Fountain Inn SC we probably hold a "major" ownership share!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I used to live within 5 miles of Fountain Inn, glad somebody there has finally swore off GM!!!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Rando:

I traded in a 1998 C5 Vette for the 124!!! Enjoying the Fiat much better. The red C5 was "trouble" if you know what I mean.
I enjoy the low profile of the Fiat much better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
did you buy your from stateline?!
I bought mine (white abarth six speed) the same day as you!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, we bought ours from the same place on the same day!
I had inquired in Cola, did the deal, but after three days they told me Stateline wouldn't transfer. I went direct to Rock Hill.
I live in FLO, we should keep in touch, compare notes, get together etc!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
For sure! we test drove yours first but I had my eye on the white one. Are you planning to do the track experience? I picked my date on 5/19.
Yes, we bought ours from the same place on the same day!
I had inquired in Cola, did the deal, but after three days they told me Stateline wouldn't transfer. I went direct to Rock Hill.
I live in FLO, we should keep in touch, compare notes, get together etc!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am going to the track experience for sure, however only sent my VIN to them yesterday. 5/19 would work for me too, but not sure what dates they have available for me, as they haven't replied back yet.
To clarify, where are you located relative to me?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts