Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
"As proof, I will give you my personal anecdote."

Done with your attitude, to the ignore bucket with you.
You have a bucket for that?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
With FIAT, you have to understand what you are getting. I bought both of mine knowing what I was getting into. I knew I was going to get horrible service and parts availability from dealers and FIAT, respectively. I knew I was going to have a car whose reliability was below average. If you set realistic expectations for yourself, and are willing to go through all the BS of ownership, then you will never be disappointed. That's my philosophy. Over-maintaining our cars (and doing as much work on your car as possible yourself vs. incompetent dealers) and replacing known, unreliable parts (diverter valve, coil packs, etc.) can help improve the durability and reliability.
@walawn - The funny part is that I knew 100% what I was getting into, but the experience was 180 Degrees opposite. Had the 500 Sport for 8 years, same dealership for maintenance, etc. Everything went perfect, never an issue. With this car, grief so far. Not the fault of the dealership on the parts availability, however they aren't very good with communicating with me (probably because they have nothing to say, but still, it's all about the customer experience, right)?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey guys - sorry about the level of intensity on this - I just want my top replaced in a timely manner by FCA under warranty. Checked today and the date has now been pushed to June, 10 months after I originally brought it in and they ordered it. I've also now got some kind of strange vibration in the back end - hoping that it doesn't need parts or the car may just sit there forever...
If you think that the parts are still in Italy and you need help contacting Fiat, just send me the details and I will call them for you.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts