Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished installing a BlackBird Fabworx Roll bar on my HPDE Lusso.

Thanks for getting this to me, Brian and the team at Good-win!

It took a weekend of work, since I mostly did this on my own, with my (beer)paid assistant helping out with some of the "heavy lifting". The results are fantastic.

Looks great and I no longer fear pushing the car at the track. Hmmm... Not sure if that's good or bad. Hahaha! :laugh:

If you are concerned about how the trimmed plastic would look, have no fear! The leather covers will cover up any goofs you may have. Not that I goofed at all... more than once... ANYWAY!

Really happy with the results! Thanks again @Good-Win Racing

:D

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
Looks great! Definitely something I want to get down the road.

·
Registered
575 Posts
That looks super nice! Thankfully that leather piece is there huh? ;)

I also do like the "decal" on the rear of the bar, makes it look a lot more racey if that makes sense haha. You should take some videos of your tracking and post em' up!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Received mine last week, I'm going to try and see if I can get the roof replaced under warranty from rubbing on the factory hoops and then put this one on. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I definitely like this over the other options that are out there. A little pricey, but my head is worth it:)

Not a real fan of the Blackbird logo on the back though. I am hoping this is a sticker and can be installed voluntarily?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
The Blackbird will be a mod on my new car. After my accident, fortunately not a roll over, I have concerns for the OEM roll over protection or lack of it. It is constructed of many pieces and the hoop tubing seems to be undersized. My largest concern is that the top of the hoop is below the top of my head. The plastic cover will offer no protection. I still have hair on top of my head and would like to keep it that way. I, too, am not a fan of the large logo and would hope it’s a peelable sticker.

Dan

·
Registered
135 Posts
Can anyone comment on the spacing between the roll bar and the roof? I’m hoping this increases clearance and helps keep the top from rubbing. Also - how was install in regard to the extra hole needed to secure the aft bracing?

One more thought - does your seat have more recline travel?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts