Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 weeks and my beautiful 124 Spider Lusso, painted in Italian blue should be here. I have already named it after Sabrina, singer from the 80's, maybe someone remembers her songs :D.

My real name is Antti and I live in Helsinki, Finland. Sabrina is my birthday gift, I will be 40 years old next year's august and bought this car for myself. Ok, bit early because I am not yet even 39 but hey, life in live and when you get an offer you cannot resist, carpe diem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, go to youtube.com and write Sabrina boys. I guess she was more famous because of video itself. Her body parts are in main role. :p

·
Registered
544 Posts
3 weeks and my beautiful 124 Spider Lusso, painted in Italian blue should be here. I have already named it after Sabrina, singer from the 80's, maybe someone remembers her songs :D.

My real name is Antti and I live in Helsinki, Finland. Sabrina is my birthday gift, I will be 40 years old next year's august and bought this car for myself. Ok, bit early because I am not yet even 39 but hey, life in live and when you get an offer you cannot resist, carpe diem.
Welcome to the forum and congratulation Antti! Took delivery of my 124 Abarth on my 47th birth day as a personnal gift after a personnal accomplishment (lost 65lbs). That car and the weight loss were the best gifts of my life I made too myself ! :)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulation Antti! Took delivery of my 124 Abarth on my 47th birth day as a personnal gift after a personnal accomplishment (lost 65lbs). That car and the weight loss were the best gifts of my life I made too myself ! :)
Awesome - congratulations. I've set myself the goal of losing 20 pounds before we go on a cruise in November. I'm not way, way overweight (5'10", 185lbs), but there's been a steady upward trend of the last couple of years and it's time to start looking after myself properly again. I'm not getting any younger. The Spider is a great incentive - can't imaging the seats get more comfortable if I keep letting the 'love handles' grow.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I purchased my Fiat at 58 for my 60th birthday? The car is a great excuse for any celebration! Congratulations.

68Wooley: I'm about your same height and weight. Dropping down to 165 would be my high school weight and perhaps the perfect size for the 124. I've been working my garage treadmill and reducing calories.

·
Registered
18 Posts
3 weeks and my beautiful 124 Spider Lusso, painted in Italian blue should be here. I hav
e already named it after Sabrina, singer from the 80's, maybe someone remembers her songs :D.

Congrats i remember Sabrina im 41... i wish we have that blue color in the states its such a shame they dont offer it here...its gorgeous!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Welcome, Antti, and congratulations on your new car!

I, for one, would love to see photos and read of your driving adventures when you get it on the road. Make some posts to the Road Adventures forum here at 124Spider.

Safe travels!

Steve.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Are you planning to drive it in the winter ? would be a great drifter car on iced lakes :)......love downtown Helsinki and the fish market....great place.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Canabarth, Yes, this car will be in use no matter what season it is. I will probably buy some kind protective blanket/cover for roof so snow and ice won't be directly touching soft top. Too bad I don't have garage at home. Luckily I can drive it to work place's garage so it won't be out all the time. Let's hope it won't be record cold winters here in near future. Electric engine and inside warmers should do tricks and help against cold weather.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Canabarth, Yes, this car will be in use no matter what season it is. I will probably buy some kind protective blanket/cover for roof so snow and ice won't be directly touching soft top. Too bad I don't have garage at home. Luckily I can drive it to work place's garage so it won't be out all the time. Let's hope it won't be record cold winters here in near future. Electric engine and inside warmers should do tricks and help against cold weather.
Don't know how they treat roads in Finland during the winter season, but if it's like here in Quebec (lot of salt/calcium mixed to water) you better rust proof it too!

I want to keep it for a long time so that's the reason I'll winterize my car from November to April.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts