Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Happy new owner here in the Seattle/Tacoma area. After moving to the the PNW from sunny So-Cal about 3 years ago, I've been struggling with seasonal depression. My solution: get a drop-top and reconnect with nature any chance I can to balance out all the dreary days we have up here! We'll see how it works out!

After much back-and-forth between a black Lusso (loved that saddle interior) and the silver Abarth pictured, the driving feel and exhaust note ultimately won us over on the Abarth. Purchased it from Carmax of all places! 2017 MY with 15k miles for $20K. No options other than the automatic transmission. I originally wanted a manual, but test driving both, I didn't find the auto to be significantly less fun. Also wanted the wife to be able to enjoy driving it. It puts a big grin on both of our faces when driving with the top down!

First mod? The Italian flag badge. I think that came on the S-Design package for the European markets. Next up will probably be a DV+ (I already have one on my Mercedes GLA, our more practical car). I plan to keep the exterior stock, but a minor bump in power wouldn't hurt.

Seems like a great, active community here, and I'm excited to be a part of it.

-N

IG-2875.jpg IG-2877.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome! For a "bump" in power without having to flask the ECU look at the Seletron Chipbox. I ordered one (plus the Pedal Booster) from Driving Impressions ( https://www.teamdi.com then go to DI Corse you'll see the Seletron link there) and am waiting for both items to arrive and hopefully get installed this weekend. Since there is no need to flash the ECU there are not supposed to be any warranty issues and also no check engine lights either. They were a joy to deal with.

·
724 Posts
Welcome! For a "bump" in power without having to flask the ECU look at the Seletron Chipbox. I ordered one (plus the Pedal Booster) from Driving Impressions ( https://www.teamdi.com then go to DI Corse you'll see the Seletron link there) and am waiting for both items to arrive and hopefully get installed this weekend. Since there is no need to flash the ECU there are not supposed to be any warranty issues and also no check engine lights either. They were a joy to deal with.
Auto Ricambi has sold lots of these to Spider owners and they are widely regarded as very good mods and worth the effort for a good bump in power. I know that you will enjoy this for sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice! The Chipbox looks like it could be a good option. Will definitely need to spend some time researching and comparing the various ECU tuning options available. I might look into getting the TCU remapped as well, as quicker shift times would be nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts