Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just drove my new 124 Spider Abarth home last night from the dealer and am in love. Roof down in the California sun!

Looking to learn more about how to enjoy my new toy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just drove my new 124 Spider Abarth home last night from the dealer and am in love. Roof down in the California sun!

Drive it as often and quickly as possible (without getting to meet "Officer Friendly"). Then repeat as needed. Welcome here. The 124 Spider is an awesome car. More smiles per mile than anything else on the road.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Welcome aboard! Enjoy the ride and when you are ready for more there are so many possibilities! My signature is just a small portion of them!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warm welcome.

@Calehedron - I'm not into racing but like the rush of acceleration and pretty aggressive street driving. Are there any mods you would recommend or should I just enjoy the spider as-is?

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Welcome from Fremont.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome.

@Calehedron - I'm not into racing but like the rush of acceleration and pretty aggressive street driving. Are there any mods you would recommend or should I just enjoy the spider as-is?
The car is a lot of fun as is, for sure. For just a little extra burst you can go with a piggyback box from Madness or EuroCompulsion or lower stage direct ECU flash tunes from EuroCompulsion or AutoRicambi/Tork. I would also recommend a throttle enhancer of some sort, also from Madness, EC, AR, and maybe more.

After that, who knows! All depends on the itch for more and how much scratch you have!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Welcome. Enjoy your ride. Do post pictures. We are a group that likes lots of pictures. There is a wealth of information and reviews of products on the forum. Performance, cosmetic, aides, maintenance and so on. Use the search button to find info on everything Spider related.

Dan

·
Registered
143 Posts
MODS! (y)

·
Registered
161 Posts

Welcome to the community. I'm in Santa Clara and have a White 2018 Lusso. Where abouts in the SF Bay Area are you? There's a few other Spiders in the area.

Larry

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
There are quite a few of us in the area. I've said it in the past, we probably all should get together for coffee sometime. Life gets in the way, though. @murix and I have talked about getting together, but I've been so busy these past few months.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm in oakland! There are at least half a dozen of us around here. Welcome to the group, great car for cruising around this area with the top down.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm in Petaluma and have only seen two other spiders in passing. I'd be interested in meeting up if the timing was right.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well, we're definitely all in different parts of the Bay Area. I know how difficult it can be to coordinate calendars, so...

How's this for an event gathering? On Sunday, October 13 is the All Italian Day in Alameda that supports Special Olympics of Northern California. It's $20 to register your car. I was originally thinking of bringing my '79 Fiat X1/9 but I could be talked into bringing my 2018 Lusso instead.

If you've never been to the show, it is amazing what types of cars show up - it's a bring what runs show so you'll see fully restored classics to works in progress and everything in between.

https://www.alfaromeoassociation.org/content.aspx?page_id=4002&club_id=233974&item_id=1052353

Larry

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Well, we're definitely all in different parts of the Bay Area. I know how difficult it can be to coordinate calendars, so...

How's this for an event gathering? On Sunday, October 13 is the All Italian Day in Alameda that supports Special Olympics of Northern California. It's $20 to register your car. I was originally thinking of bringing my '79 Fiat X1/9 but I could be talked into bringing my 2018 Lusso instead.

If you've never been to the show, it is amazing what types of cars show up - it's a bring what runs show so you'll see fully restored classics to works in progress and everything in between.

View attachment 73250

https://www.alfaromeoassociation.org/content.aspx?page_id=4002&club_id=233974&item_id=1052353

Larry
I’m going to try to make this. I wanted to be there last year but a concussion got in the way.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts