Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I saw the notices about the 124 Abarth coming out a few years back, I thought "now that would be a great daily driver" and sure enough it is. I lurked on here for the last 2 months while I did my searching and finally found a dealer who was interested in dealing. My first car back in Ireland was a 124 sedan that I customized and had a blast rallying and driving all over Ireland. Growing up in Ireland with all of the pro rallies going on, I'd always lusted after an Abarth. Couldn't ever swing it in Ireland but we did get close when the 500 came out here in the US, and so we leased a 500e. It was basically the Abarth trim level with electric drive. Great car.

Anyway, now I'm the very happy owner of a Grigio Abarth with the luxury package, the brembo brakes and the Aisin tranny (for $31k on the road!! ).

I picked it up in Spokane WA (Lithia) and drove it back via Missoula MT, Sun Valley ID & 80 west. Temps as low as 36, snow & rain on the passes along the way home. She's had a bath and I've got just under 1900 smiling miles on her.

I'll be hitting up the dealer for the fender badges and hopefully later this year, I'll try to take in the track experience.

Fun fun car... I've gotten quite a few compliments on her already...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Definitely wasted no time getting some good miles on there. Did you try to go through the break-in process whilst going through there or did you just drive it however?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Welcome, I'm in Fremont.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Aloha...welcome aboard...love sun valley spent quite a few years there playing in hockey tournaments...would be awesome driving a 124 through the Sawtooth mountains. Beautiful up there!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
drove the crap out of it after 100 miles... figured that was enough... and I was heading into Montana... is there a speed limit? ;-)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got to see both the Bitteroots and then the Sawtooths. It was beautiful drive up until the heavy rains forced me to pull over in Jackpot NV to put the top up... Snow, sleet, rain, 36degrees on the highways and passes... all the way down to Auburn CA where the temps climbed to 87degrees on the way down the hill into Sacremento CA... Quite the workout. Aquaplaning at 80mph isn't quite the best fun...

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm up in San Fran, but down in San Carlos daily. Haven't seen a confirmed sighting of another one yet, but thought I saw a glimpse of tail lights once or twice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
SF Bay Area

Hello from San Mateo, CA!!!

I share this account with my wife, Karen.

We're here to celebrate her new car! I bought a vintage electro-mechanical arcade game, and she got a new 2017 Fiat Spider! (Sounds fair, right?) When I'm lucky, she lets me drive it ;) Our grandson dubbed it "Mimi's Race Car", and so it shall forever be known.

Like many others here, we haven't seen many 124 Spiders on the road yet. I'm looking forward to sharing information with others on the forum. We opted for the rosso Abarth with 6-speed manual. We're having a great time with it! It's cool having the Abarth badge on it.

As the original poster commented, we get lots of comments about it!

David

1 - 12 of 12 Posts