Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

Grigio Argento in Classica Vs Grigio Argento in Lusso Vs Bronzo Magnetico

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  stevet 
#1 ·
A couple of used car dealerships are selling the Lusso in Grigio Argento but the car color is much darker than the Grigio Argento I have seen in a few Spider Classicas. It looks more like Bronzo Magnetico.
Does Grigio Argento mean 2 different colors depending on whether we are talking about the Classica or the Lusso?
Or are the dealerships just mistaking the Bronzo Magnetico to be Grigio Argento?

#4 ·
The difference in those two look to be mostly lighting and exposure. Did you see these in person?

It also depends on the year. For 2018 Grigio Argento has been replaced with a somewhat brighter silver, with a different name. It could be that the dealer or their website is referring to a 2018 silver car as
Argento by mistake, which doesn’t exist.

#11 ·
This car is Grigio Moda, aka Meteor Gray, a very dark gray metallic. It's the same color as my Classica.

Steve.

#7 ·
Exactly. The specs says this is Grigio Argento. I was surprized. Until I saw a car in person. It was a Lusso with the color "Grigio Argento". It seemed closer to Bronzo Magnetico. Has Fiat been giving a different color in the 2017 Lussos but still calling it Grigio Argento? Seems very strange

#8 ·
The pair of photos earlier look like Grigio Argento. The later photo looks like the Bronze.

I can't say for certain but I'd have to think Grigio Argento was the same across all three 2017 trims.

Reactions: melandat
#9 ·
I visited the Fiat dealership in Fullerton NJ. They have many (but not all) available colors on display. I think I have been mistaken. There a lot of used car dealerships who are entering the wrong color in the description. There is only 1 Grigio Argento and some dealerships are confusing the Grigio Moda or even the Bronzo Magnetico to be the Grigio Argento.
I shall update this thread again if I learn otherwise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.