Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took a spoiler for the 124 to have it painted. I asked them to paint it meteor gray and gave them the paint code of PA5. When they dropped off the spoiler after being painted it is a bright silver color and not a light charcoal color like i was expecting. I was thinking they messed up and painted it the actual color of my car which is paint code PSL Grigio Agento. As i did not pay for it, (it was done as a favor, and i didn't want to say they messed it up), i thought i would try a different body shop, and get it repainted the way i wanted it.

I explained to the new bodyshop what i wanted it to look like. And only gave them a vin and paint code for a meteor grey car. The paint guy called me right after they mixed up the paint and said, you want this a dark grey color but the paint code you gave us is for the same color the spoiler already is. So i drove back up to the paint shop and they showed me the color and it is certainly a bright silver. I showed them the paperwork from my current 124, which i drove so they could see the color and then showed them pictures of the meteor grey 124 and showed them it's paperwork. We agreed that someplace there is wrong information for the paint code PA5 for Meteor Grey, as two different shops both mixed the same wrong color using the paint code.

If you ever must get your car painted before this can be corrected in the paint data banks be forewarned there is an issue when they try to paint it.

The spoiler is getting painted the color i wanted but we are using a 2016 fiat color paint code PLU as it seems to be the best match to the gunmetal trim on my car but can not say that it matches the paint on a meteor grey 124 as i don't have a car to match it to.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
A follow-up, I just had a touch up bottle made for me at a local auto store that specializes in mixing paints. Color code 42A is on my driver door data plate, meteor gray, aka grigio moda. And dark gray metallic was the result in the bottle. A perfect match.

Steve.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks Steve.
I've been searching since last week when I found small chip above my rear passenger wheel well :(

May drop you a pm if I can't find a local solution

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Mine is body color, for my Classica. Found a pinhead sized chip above the driver front wheel. I was searching for something else when I came across the original posting, where he mentioned the paint code problems for meteor gray.

Steve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts