Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
You could say in the daylight it's a little bright, and in the shade it.s a little darker, I bought the RED cause it reflects with the old 124 and like it and bought it manual. Now each one to it's own choice sine you're paying for it. <BG>

·
Registered
79 Posts
You could say in the daylight it's a little bright, and in the shade it.s a little darker, I bought the RED cause it reflects with the old 124 and like it and bought it manual. Now each one to it's own choice sine you're paying for it. <BG>
To be fair, I actually did order it in red knowing it might not be the red I had in mind. But yes I suppose that's a fair way to put it. It doesnt keep its vibrancy in the shade like other colors will.

You're probably right with the original 124's red. I just did a mini shoot with one (last page) and it's not far from that color

·
Registered
576 Posts
I thought that Aluminum was only available in the US on the Abarth models? People are making it seem that Aluminum and Silver, which is offered on non-Abarth models, are the same (?)

·
Registered
955 Posts
I thought that Aluminum was only available in the US on the Abarth models? People are making it seem that Aluminum and Silver, which is offered on non-Abarth models, are the same (?)
Bob, My Lusso has the Grigio Argento Aluminum paint.:D

·
Registered
576 Posts
Bob, My Lusso has the Grigio Argento Aluminum paint.:D

My bad, thanks. How do you like it in respect to showing dirt, scratches, etc.? I saw a Red one, my other choice, but it had a lot of swirls in the paint that were very noticeable. And I have also owned a few Red cars so I know they showed dirt, etc. more than some others. I keep my cars clean but I live on the beach so it does not take long before a salt film/haze adheres to everything.

·
Registered
955 Posts
My bad, thanks. How do you like it in respect to showing dirt, scratches, etc.? I saw a Red one, my other choice, but it had a lot of swirls in the paint that were very noticeable. And I have also owned a few Red cars so I know they showed dirt, etc. more than some others. I keep my cars clean but I live on the beach so it does not take long before a salt film/haze adheres to everything.
Being raised in Texas, I have always preferred the cooler colors, like white and silver. (It is a fact that one can fry an egg on a dark car in San Antonio or Houston in the summer.) Mine is pretty dirty right now, but doesn't look it. There are no scratches, other than the one my wife put on the mirror cap. It's hard to see unless you know where it is. My wife's Outback is Venetian Red and it shows dirt easily.

·
Retired Moderator
669 Posts
My Abarth getting a bath (and then a nice coat of polish afterwards). Of course, I had to do the same to the wife's RAV4 that is in the background - gotta keep momma happy, especially since she surprised me with the Abarth.

Now that's a wife....I can't complain...my wife has let and encouraged me to be a car nut for 42 years...great looking car:)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Now that's a wife....I can't complain...my wife has let and encouraged me to be a car nut for 42 years...great looking car:)
Yeah, we've been married for 31 (coming up on 32) years and she's definitely been a keeper. Her only question was "Are you sure you would rather have this gorgeous thing than an ugly jeep" when I saw it. :laugh:
I'm really happy with it and happy with the fact that she can now continue to have as much fun as I did on the bikes on curvy roads. I always felt bad when I'd head out on a ride and she couldn't go as she's as much of a motorcycle nut as I am - she used to race dirt bikes in her younger days and enjoyed showing the "boys" how a girl could out-ride them.

·
Banned
425 Posts
You'll have to imagine it with the sun shining.....

Otherwise check back in June when I take some more pictures.

Attachments

Reactions: Michael Alba

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yeah, we've been married for 31 (coming up on 32) years and she's definitely been a keeper. Her only question was "Are you sure you would rather have this gorgeous thing than an ugly jeep" when I saw it. :laugh:
I'm really happy with it and happy with the fact that she can now continue to have as much fun as I did on the bikes on curvy roads. I always felt bad when I'd head out on a ride and she couldn't go as she's as much of a motorcycle nut as I am - she used to race dirt bikes in her younger days and enjoyed showing the "boys" how a girl could out-ride them.
Now she's definitely a keeper, hard to find. Most guys I know have wives that are the complete opposite!

Maybe next time around you can upgrade her Rav4 to the upcoming Jeep Wrangler, I hear that thing is going to be GOOD. Meant to even pull in people who would have considered a Land Rover Discovery Sport and the like.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Maybe next time around you can upgrade her Rav4 to the upcoming Jeep Wrangler, I hear that thing is going to be GOOD. Meant to even pull in people who would have considered a Land Rover Discovery Sport and the like.
Well, considering she picked the RAV4 out herself and the first I knew of it was when she pulled into the garage and honked the horn. :nerd:

She got rid of her Volvo C70 (convertible) that she just "had" to have and then decided she didn't like the lack of room. We've had 2 Jeeps in the past, and the first one was 10 months of solid nightmare. Only vehicle I've ever had that gave you a portable swimming pool whenever it rained. Was a hard top and the top had never been removed. The second one was mine and it mainly stayed parked (rode the bike more) so we got rid of it.
She's just partial to Toyota vehicles over the Jeep/Ford/Chevy line. So, since I decided a long time ago keep momma happy I keep everyone happy, I let her get what she wants.
She doesn't like driving the Abarth - she'd rather be chauffeured around. 0:)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Mine is on the way

I bought my Grigio Argento Aluminum Abarth sight unseen from the nice woman member of this forum who was enraptured by a Roush Mustang. I may be the first purchaser of a used 2017 124 Spider Abarth (or maybe not, who knows). She is in South Carolina; I am in California but live in Oregon, so it is being shipped to me here and I will drive it home to Oregon, park it and drive my 2010 Miata NC GTHT back down to California to sell it.

Attachments

·
863 Posts
Here are a couple of photos of the Auto Ricambi FIAT 124 Spider Abarth with the signature heritage wrap with red stripe. Love this car!
Also shows off our new resonated exhaust nicely.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Here's mine. Griggio Argento is by far my favorite Abarth 124 color, except maybe the Italian Azzuro blue (sadly not available in Canada).

Attachments

Reactions: Michael Alba
21 - 40 of 60 Posts