Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
That Grigio Argento with the black stripe is stunning.

That would have been my first choice for a 124 Spider. My experience with FIAT dealers near and far was ... discouraging ... so I'll be taking delivery of a Miata RF this weekend.

·
Registered
631 Posts

That would have been my first choice for a 124 Spider. My experience with FIAT dealers near and far was ... discouraging ... so I'll be taking delivery of a Miata RF this weekend.
Sad to see you leave and go to Mazda side of the force, but MX-5 RF are sharp looking cars too! Did you try to bypass your dealership area and talk to Fiat USA directly? Tell them your story and maybe they'll offer your a workaround or a local dealer will call you back...

Reactions: MBrown1003

·
Registered
587 Posts

Seeya...I am sure there are several Miata Forums where you can dis Fiat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sad to see you leave and go to Mazda side of the force, but MX-5 RF are sharp looking cars too! Did you try to bypass your dealership area and talk to Fiat USA directly? Tell them your story and maybe they'll offer your a workaround or a local dealer will call you back...
Local dealer couldn't do anything. I spoke to a few remote dealers. One sold the car I was negotiating for. The other two haven't responded at all to my emails and phone calls. Disappointing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Seeya...I am sure there are several Miata Forums where you can dis Fiat.
I didn't dis FIAT. I happen to really like the car. It's the dealers....

Reactions: thinc2 and JFernald

·
Registered
476 Posts
Local dealer couldn't do anything. I spoke to a few remote dealers. One sold the car I was negotiating for. The other two haven't responded at all to my emails and phone calls. Disappointing.
i certainly understand your feeling, right before the cars started to show in dealers i had stopped in and talked to salesmen at 3 different dealers, let my info with all of them. exactly zero have ever called me to follow up. Thanskfully a dealer close to me and people i have known for about 25 years became a Fiat dealer and made the whole process much easier.

On the flip side i also stopped in and talked twice to Mazda sales people about the RF after it was revealed and again left my information, and none of them have called me back about the car either. Still would love to take one out for a drive to to prove to myself i made the better choice. Locally there is one RF in stock and i just might make a trip down to check it out. Not very nice to waste the saleperson's time but i am awfully nosy to test drive one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is my Grigrio Argento Abarth......

Had it about a month, added a scorpion on the trunk and a Italian flag symbol.
Also a chrome Fiat lic. plate holder and a stubby antenna.
My dealer wanted 400.00 for the GPS chip I got it on Amazon for 179.99 same chip.:laugh:~JJ~

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nav cards can be bought in ebay for $100 shipped...I got one and so have others and they work just like the factory one.

·
Registered
676 Posts
thanks man. A little scared to put something on with adhesive tape. Hmmmm.
Double sided 3M heavy duty automotive tape. Has red backing. Clean the surface, apply to warm, not hot surface. Mine is going nowhere. Plus the lip is light. No issues in 7 months. I also added clear mask to it before I applied it, much easier and that is a location you want to add a little paint protection to.

·
830 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts

Attachments

41 - 60 of 60 Posts