Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

Grigrio Argento Aluminum Fiat 124 Owners Picture Thread

20K views 59 replies 33 participants last post by  Michael Alba 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Here's my Lusso. As of 9/12/16, she's got 200 miles on her.

Attachments

#4 ·
Hood and decklid seams don't annoy you, Sonny?

"Cutlines" are unavoidable. I tolerate them so long as they aren't too large (admittedly subjective) and are even/consistent.

#7 ·
The panels don't match because they're painted separate from the cars, I understand even BMW (Probably everyone else too) does the same practice but its less noticeable on their cars. The white 124 I saw, it clearly looked like eggshell in some places it was really bad. If they really wanted to they could make it match better.

You can see how the Miata is made in the link.
http://www.automobilemag.com/news/see-how-the-2016-mazda-mx-5-miata-is-made/

#13 ·
I'm taking pics of my car all the time, so I could fill the thread with them. I'll keep it simple with some of my favorites.

Delilah, if you see me, wave! I'm sure I have the only other silver one locally for a while, and definitely the only silver Abarth for a while.

Attachments

#14 ·
Orion, looks fabulous. I haven't seen any 124 Spiders around town but will wave if I see you. (Delilah is a teddy bear and will wave if I let her ride in the car - LOL) My name is really Nancy. I am loving my Lusso and plan to take it to Atlanta next weekend for a good drive. It has been on the back roads to Arcadia and loves the curves.
I do know of a black Classica and a red one in Venice.

#16 ·
I'm not in town as much since I live far out east, but I'm on and near the interstate all the time.

I have seen the black Classica in Venice once, but that was before I took delivery of mine. Havent seen the red one yet. There's a white one that was at St. Armand's a little while back, but so far, mostly devoid of these cars. I imagine by next year, they wont be too uncommon!

Always love seeing photos of your car. The Grigio Argento Aluminum color gives this car a completely different (sleeker) vibe. Less playful than the white/red, but accentuates the curves nicely.
Thank you! I ended up getting the exact car I wanted, even though its not what I ordered. I ordered red, but after seeing it at the Tampa auto show and here and there, it's just not a good red for the car. The silver looks very grown up and sophisticated, and I just love the LED headlights so much.

#19 ·
The problem is that it's not as bright as it looks in the pictures. It's more of a maroon. Maybe a light shade of maroon, but it's noticeably darker than Mazda's Classic Red, which is what I was hoping for.

Here's a pic I took a few days ago of one I saw at a dealership I swung by (was across the street from where I was eating)

Even though it's in the shade in this angle, it does a better job of showing the real color, rather than the vibrant/bright red most pictures lead you to believe.

I have a picture with the sun on it, and it's just as misleading as any others

Attachments

#21 ·
You could say in the daylight it's a little bright, and in the shade it.s a little darker, I bought the RED cause it reflects with the old 124 and like it and bought it manual. Now each one to it's own choice sine you're paying for it. <BG>

#22 ·
To be fair, I actually did order it in red knowing it might not be the red I had in mind. But yes I suppose that's a fair way to put it. It doesnt keep its vibrancy in the shade like other colors will.

You're probably right with the original 124's red. I just did a mini shoot with one (last page) and it's not far from that color

#24 ·
Bob, My Lusso has the Grigio Argento Aluminum paint.:D

#35 ·
Mine is on the way

I bought my Grigio Argento Aluminum Abarth sight unseen from the nice woman member of this forum who was enraptured by a Roush Mustang. I may be the first purchaser of a used 2017 124 Spider Abarth (or maybe not, who knows). She is in South Carolina; I am in California but live in Oregon, so it is being shipped to me here and I will drive it home to Oregon, park it and drive my 2010 Miata NC GTHT back down to California to sell it.

Attachments

#39 ·
Here are a couple of photos of the Auto Ricambi FIAT 124 Spider Abarth with the signature heritage wrap with red stripe. Love this car!
Also shows off our new resonated exhaust nicely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.