Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1361C986-8698-4F38-B0D2-C8D61B54098E.jpeg

Curious if this emblem fits the Abarth... I know we have the tow hook cover, for some reason I seem to remember that this doesn’t fit the openings in the Abarth grill...?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually answered my own question... I was right in remembering that it doesn’t fit. Seems it can be modified to fit, but I’d imagine the finish would need some serious attention after that. That’s getting a little involved for a small cosmetic addition.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
It's the old squeezing a round peg into a sqaure hold condundrum. Maybe you could get someone to 3D print a modified version that fits the round opening in the Abarth grill?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the old squeezing a round peg into a sqaure hold condundrum. Maybe you could get someone to 3D print a modified version that fits the round opening in the Abarth grill?
I’m sure there are options, I just remembered seeing these from Mopar a few years back, and was trying to remember why I didn’t get one back then. Did a little poking around here on the forum (shoulda just done that first I suppose) and found others had already tried. At least one member had filed it (I think) to fit, but again, that’s getting pretty involved, as the finish would probably need attention then. It’s a nice subtle detail, but I’ve got bigger projects to accomplish on this car at the moment. I’d certainly buy one if someone has the resources to make them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts