Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 FIAT Spider 124 Abarth
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I have a new to me Abarth (<2mo) and last night someone in a truck backed into my car. (I hate trucks... I was parked about 2 car lengths behind because I never park near trucks.)

Damage is minimal, but I would like it repaired. Anyone know I how I go about this?
Is the damage so little that I shouldn't bother with a repair shop? I couldn't figure out if I can pop it back forward, but someone else may know. Some hexagons are also bent, but none broken. I'm decently handy so if someone suggests getting the bumper off and doing it myself, I'm (probably?) able.
Or can I find a shop (San Antonio, TX) that will do it? I can get the person's insurance but I also don't know a whole lot about dealing with insurance on a "not-normal" (eg. Nissan) car. Any tips?

Just want it back to how it looked before....

I appreciate the help. I can take more pictures - it was kinda late last night.

--

Just checked a bit more this morning and noticed the top corner of where the grille meets the bumper also got bent. (noticeable in picture 1)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I think a local body shop can repair that

·
Registered
2018 FIAT Spider 124 Abarth
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick update if it's helpful to others. Took a bit because first place didn't do FIATs and other places were pretty booked.

Estimate came out to $1,085 - grille replacement and bumper restore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.