Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to get these since they are on sale on EC, but I'm wondering if I will need a camber kit since the drop is over an inch. Has anyone installed these yet?

·
Registered
727 Posts
How do the H&R lowering springs effect ride quality? My Abarth came with Bilstien shocks and I wouldn't want the ride to be any firmer.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Really curious about this myself. How balanced are the shocks and springs?

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
It probably would be wise to get your alignment reset to optimum specs.

Pete

·
Vendor
3,334 Posts
How do the H&R lowering springs effect ride quality? My Abarth came with Bilstien shocks and I wouldn't want the ride to be any firmer.
I haven't driven the Abarth yet. VS. the 124 it's a bit stiffer, but not at all objectionable. I love them, and so do the others who drive the car including my wife.

The H&R springs are intended to be a fast road spring so they are not too harsh like a track setup would be.

Greg

·
Vendor
3,334 Posts
It probably would be wise to get your alignment reset to optimum specs.

Pete
I agree. However I think even stock the car should be realigned. I personally dislike the stock alignment specs.

That said, With H&R springs, you can put them in and go. The drop doesn't cause enough of a change to make a noticeable difference in alignment or tire wear. I credit the suspension design for this. It's a really good setup that doesn't have a lot of camber or toe change as it moves up and down, at least not compared with a typical Strut type setup.

Greg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input. Greg, I'm in AR currently for work until February and am not too far from the shop in Oklahoma. If you ever wanted to test drive the Abarth or use it to develop some things just let me know.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I agree. However I think even stock the car should be realigned. I personally dislike the stock alignment specs.

That said, With H&R springs, you can put them in and go. The drop doesn't cause enough of a change to make a noticeable difference in alignment or tire wear. I credit the suspension design for this. It's a really good setup that doesn't have a lot of camber or toe change as it moves up and down, at least not compared with a typical Strut type setup.

Greg
Have you re-aligned the car to be out of the oe specs ??

·
Registered
958 Posts

Greg
What alignment specs would you recommend for a "stock" Lusso?

·
Vendor
3,334 Posts
Thanks for the input. Greg, I'm in AR currently for work until February and am not too far from the shop in Oklahoma. If you ever wanted to test drive the Abarth or use it to develop some things just let me know.
Thanks, I plan to get an Abarth of my own, but your offer may help us with some things. Is you car an auto or manual? Please PM me.

Greg

·
Vendor
3,334 Posts
What alignment specs would you recommend for a "stock" Lusso?
Ohh, I hope I don't start a flame festival. Alignment gets some people pretty fired up, and it's all largely a matter of opinion and personal preference. I like a hair more negative camber and castor than the factory used.

Greg

·
Registered
958 Posts
Ohh, I hope I don't start a flame festival. Alignment gets some people pretty fired up, and it's all largely a matter of opinion and personal preference. I like a hair more negative camber and castor than the factory used.

Greg
How thick a "hair" would that be for each? >:)

Reactions: racergary

·
Vendor
3,334 Posts
How thick a "hair" would that be for each? >:)
I need to apply every possible disclaimer here. I certainly haven't settled in on final numbers as I haven't had the car that long (none of us have). I don't know how the tire wear is going to be long term, I haven't driving in the rain, and I certainly haven't tried very many combinations.

On my car, I have it set up with about 1.5 degrees of negative camber on the front and about 4 degrees of castor.

Greg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts