Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know if you can make the Halo around the headlight turn on for the vehicles with the standard halogen headlight assemblies?

·
Registered
257 Posts
The parking light shines into it a bit but not enough to make it stand out much during daylight hours. When I get a chance I'm going to take a look at the back of the light housing and see what the options are for adding a couple more yellow LEDS to brighten it up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd be interested in hearing how this goes myself. I already retrofit LEDs both for low beams and hi. H11 and Hb3s which went super smoothly and is easy to do. Takes about 10 minutes per side. Access is gained by removing 4 or 5 plastic tabs and carefully folding the liner back. Of course helps to turn the steering wheel all the way to the right for drivers side and all way to left for passenger side.

No car should come with Halogen headlights these days. I've had Xenon or LED since late 90s. In order to have my prerequisite 6 speed manual tranny had to forgo a few of the luxury items. That said the Fiat 124 spiders are loaded compared to the 94 NA Miata I also own. LED headlights retrofit and only other thing I'd like to have is the reverse camera now that the Fiats and Miatas fill the entire rear shelf area all the way to the top of the headrests. Makes visibility tricky whereas the original Miata had this entire area open. I just couldnt stomach the new Miatas looks so after owning 6 Miatas over the last 35 years I jumped ship to the Fiat and love it thus far. The Fiat 1.4 multiair is a little Gem of an engine, I just hope it ends up as reliable as the Mazda units were in the NA Miatas. Sorry for drifting topics I just signed up for the Fiat forum and have had the car now for about 2 weeks. 4 grand below market value at $19,667 same I paid for brand new 91 Miata back in 1991. cant beat that!! 2017 classica 6spd manual, titanium bronze Magneto 2k mi.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Code:
I'm thinking of doing the same. He says all it take is the replacement of one bulb each side

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Any kind of a link to that?
Facebook is sh!t to search, plus there’s two 124 groups....

·
Registered
967 Posts
I think that's the parking marker light he changed. The stock lights are amber and not as bright as what he put in. If that's what he did, it won't achieve the same effect as the factory halo though it would sort of mimic it. The factory halo is lit by a ring of LEDs.

Reactions: ameridan

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts