Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been my everyday car, I drive about 100 mi per day and 90% is open road. At first I was completely satisfied with the power 0-60, passing, etc but I have gotten use to it now and am exploring boosting options. I don't have lots of money to put into this and can surly live with it the way it is. Such a fun car to drive however, I am soliciting suggestions for budget minded modifications to enhance power. I am by no means mechanically inclined but do have a basic working knowledge of motors and computers.
I am thankful for any advise and leads.

·
Registered
173 Posts
This has been my everyday car, I drive about 100 mi per day and 90% is open road. At first I was completely satisfied with the power 0-60, passing, etc but I have gotten use to it now and am exploring boosting options. I don't have lots of money to put into this and can surly live with it the way it is. Such a fun car to drive however, I am soliciting suggestions for budget minded modifications to enhance power. I am by no means mechanically inclined but do have a basic working knowledge of motors and computers.
I am thankful for any advise and leads.
Turn off Sport button for a few days.... Much more fun again when you turn it back on?

·
Registered
428 Posts
EC or Tork Tune both are a the best you can do

·
Registered
369 Posts
Similar - I was blissfully ignorant for the first 3 years with my 17 Abarth.

Then, in May installed the GFB+ and EC Tune.
For less than $1000, there's a noticeable difference. It's like sports mode plus. Perhaps not so much faster 0-60 but definitely smoother.

I'm real happy that I did it. The cool thing about waiting 3 years is it's like making it new (to me) again.

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Hello Thomas......Welcome to our growing gang. Yep, all of what the boys say, I studied for my degree here on this forum ( I read the threads) then I started "Brexit Mods" thread and recorded everything today so if you haven't already read it and want a peek, type it in above search box and have a read. There is a "For Sale" section here and one member is currently offloading some good gear cheaply USA side of pond I think, so once you think you know what you want and in what order you want to do it...it will enable you to save up your pennies (without waste) and carry out the mods to enhance an already great drive......Cheers
ron

·
802 Posts
A flash tune is the best way to go for power ultimately but the Chipbox and pedal booster by Seletron work really well and are cheaper than the flash tunes. They are easy to install and easy to reverse if needed.

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
278 Posts
I added the Chipbox to my Abarth and it's a different car. Still haven't added the pedal booster yet largely because I only make one change at a time so I can know what each thing did. I may not bother with the pedal booster as I'm really liking the car as it is so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts