Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a garage and my Fiat has been my daily with no problems, just a lot of vigilant love including removing snow as needed from my soft, weatherproof cover on the top during storms. This coming winter I may be away for large bits of time and might not be able to maintain this habit, nor take the car to the mountains where I will be going. I have a half top and an expensive soft full cover but does anyone have a fix for keeping snow from causing the soft parts of the roof from sagging? I had a detailer suggest a piece of cardboard under the cover but I know that will go eventually. The front middle panel is solid but I'm concerned about the rear, back, and back sides. Googling isn't helping and I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO A GARAGE, GARAGING IS NOT AN OPTION, SO GARAGE COMMENTS OR TEASES ARE LESS THAN HELPFUL. Hate to make that so bold but every time I reveal this is my daily and I don't have a garage I get a lot of flack and such. I just need a link or simple answer and thank you so much in advance.

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
1,172 Posts
Where exactly do you park the car? Is there anyway you could cover it with an easy up or something like that? If you have some flat land that is on your property, I have even seen a “portable” garage tent thing. It’s actually genius but again you would need some flat land that you can keep it on. Also I believe you have asked about a hard top in a previous post. Any reason that’s off the table? I know they are expensive but you can use it at least six out of the twelve months and not worry about the snow. Only issue would be where to store it but outside space, extra room, or even a storage facility will take care of that. Well that’s all I got hope it helps.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where exactly do you park the car? Is there anyway you could cover it with an easy up or something like that? If you have some flat land that is on your property, I have even seen a “portable” garage tent thing. It’s actually genius but again you would need some flat land that you can keep it on. Also I believe you have asked about a hard top in a previous post. Any reason that’s off the table? I know they are expensive but you can use it at least six out of the twelve months and not worry about the snow. Only issue would be where to store it but outside space, extra room, or even a storage facility will take care of that. Well that’s all I got hope it helps.
I need a cover. I have no options but a hard top cover. I cannot do the tent thing but thanks. thought of that but we live in an historic town and it won't fly

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Away for long periods, I'd probably be more concerned about things other than snow on my unattended car's cover. I'm glad your historic town (Princeton?) allows you to park outside with the cover. Thinking inside the box, would a Spider fit in a PODS? You can always claim to be doing some renovations (the kind that don't require a permit).

·
Registered
664 Posts
Short of importing an Abarth GT hardtop, not sure there's another option for heavy snowfall. Personally I'm not in the market for one, but from what I've seen all of the car covers are the pliable variety. Maybe pay a neighborhood kid to brush snow off during winter?

·
Registered
2017 Abarth Rosso, Manual, GFB Diverter, Top Speed Axle back exhaust. Took possession Dec16
93 Posts
Another member used an indoor vehicle storage, might look into that, maybe they can start her up to eliminate start up issues from not driving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts