Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
979 Posts
I saw it too and think it's a racing-only application without the window seals or insulation for a road-going top. Plus it's only in black, and _very_ expensive.
best regards
Pete

·
Registered
560 Posts
I saw it too and think it's a racing-only application without the window seals or insulation for a road-going top. Plus it's only in black, and _very_ expensive.
best regards
Pete
Actually, it is described as their "street" version because it does have seals and a lexan rear window, although it is based on a race version. Your choice of carbon-fiber or unpainted fiberglass (intended for you to get painted to match your car). Weight is good at around 28 pounds. It IS expensive at $1495 but so is any hard top.

·
Registered
150 Posts
$1495 for the fiberglass if I remember from looking at it. Think the CF was around $2195.
Honestly not something I'd have an interest in due to "where" to put it if taking a trip if you wanted it off.

·
Super Moderator
979 Posts
Oh, this is a different top than the one I expected. Mazda motor sports has one too, and the recently announced a price reduction to $3085. This one is much more reasonably priced.
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
560 Posts
$1495 for the fiberglass if I remember from looking at it. Think the CF was around $2195.
Honestly not something I'd have an interest in due to "where" to put it if taking a trip if you wanted it off.
I had the hard top for my Alfa Spider Quadrifoglio back in the 90s. I kept it on its side, hanging in the carport during the summer months and in the winter put it on to provide a little more insulation during the winter. (The car also looked pretty cool with it.) I liked it but it was a whole lot heavier to install than this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts