·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone know the part number that the pressure sensor connects to? Lost the clip and now it's loose. I think it's causing P0239 and P0299 engine codes to pop up.

This is the pressure sensor, part number
68217630AA

Bump. I can get pictures later if needed. I'm just struggling finding this part number.

·
Registered
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
2,568 Posts
The harness is all over the entire engine and connects to the ECU directly. Best bet is to look for an automotive electrical connector vendor to find a new shell and swap just that part. Or zip tie it together and go with it.
I might still have the spare harness I took off a donor engine but I definitely don’t remember the condition of all the connectors on it. I did remove a couple that I had broken on my original but that one was not one of them I looked at.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately there's not much way to zip tie it, right now I have it sort of OK with duct tape, but a few days after a fresh tape job, the problem comes back. Maybe I'll try some shrink tubing.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
1,045 Posts
Duct tape isn't good for under the hood as heat softens the adhesive.
Try this:
It is cold shrink tape. It looks like thick electrical tape and has a peel away backing. The way you use it is cut a piece to size, remove the backing, stretch it, then wrap the part. It shrinks without heat and is strong and long lasting. I've made many engine wiring and vacuum line repairs using this stuff that lasted years. And you can always peel it off if you need to disconnect the fitting.

Reactions: TwoTons

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Auto part Plastic Fashion accessory Composite material Fixture

I found it and the clip is not broken. I did break the yellow end cap trying to get it off to release the pins. I probably should have spent more time trying to figure that part out but it could be salvaged from yours if you want it.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Duct tape isn't good for under the hood as heat softens the adhesive.
Try this:
It is cold shrink tape. It looks like thick electrical tape and has a peel away backing. The way you use it is cut a piece to size, remove the backing, stretch it, then wrap the part. It shrinks without heat and is strong and long lasting. I've made many engine wiring and vacuum line repairs using this stuff that lasted years. And you can always peel it off if you need to disconnect the fitting.
Thanks! I'll pick some up today.
I found it and the clip is not broken. I did break the yellow end cap trying to get it off to release the pins. I probably should have spent more time trying to figure that part out but it could be salvaged from yours if you want it.
Let me see how the cold shrink tape works. If not, I can DM you my address.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
View attachment 91875

Tried the tape. Didn’t work. 45 minutes into a very aggressive drive the error code came back. If you could send this my way that would be awesome.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
1,045 Posts
Tried the tape. Didn’t work. 45 minutes into a very aggressive drive the error code came back. If you could send this my way that would be awesome.
I've never experienced this tape failing. How did you wrap it? You should of cut a piece of cold shrink tape about 8 - 10 inches long. Next remove the backing tape, then stretch the tape to about 14-18 inches. Apply the tape with the side that had the backing tape facing the components. With the two fitting pressed together tightly, start by wrapping the wires that feed into the first connection working the wrap over the two fittings, stretching the tape as you wrap, until you reach and wrap the wires leading into the second connection. Trim off any excess tape.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

You should have what looks like little cocoon of tape with wire going in and coming out. When completed, the wrap should look almost like a solid piece of rubber, with no gaps or wrinkles as you would see with electrical tape. Cold shrink tape is designed to hold parts together by creating a seal around them, not simply as a sticky adhesive between two parts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've never experienced this tape failing. How did you wrap it? You should of cut a piece of cold shrink tape about 8 - 10 inches long. Next remove the backing tape, then stretch the tape to about 14-18 inches. Apply the tape with the side that had the backing tape facing the components. With the two fitting pressed together tightly, start by wrapping the wires that feed into the first connection working the wrap over the two fittings, stretching the tape as you wrap, until you reach and wrap the wires leading into the second connection. Trim off any excess tape.
View attachment 91920
You should have what looks like little cocoon of tape with wire going in and coming out. When completed, the wrap should look almost like a solid piece of rubber, with no gaps or wrinkles as you would see with electrical tape. Cold shrink tape is designed to hold parts together by creating a seal around them, not simply as a sticky adhesive between two parts.
Pretty much what I did. I'll try wrapping it again.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
View attachment 91875

Hey there. Can you let me know either way if you can send this to me. I need to know what my options are.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I am in the middle of a family emergency.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I apologize, things have been VERY hectic here. I cannot find the connector at the moment, I must have misplaced it during some moving.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I apologize, things have been VERY hectic here. I cannot find the connector at the moment, I must have misplaced it during some moving.
No problem and thanks for getting back to me, I hope everything is OK. If you find it let me know. I'm out of town next week. Will take the car to a local guy when I get back to see what my options are.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts