Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
I did for the fogs. Extreme white. Not white at all, in fact the same yellow tone as stock. Very disappointed and

·
Registered
150 Posts
PIAA is to much money for what you get. There are better performing bulbs out there than the PIAA's, but realize that if you are after the "white" light, you are actually losing visibility (actually visual acuity) compared to some better bulbs that are more yellow in color. Not to mention the fact that the PIAA bulbs are typically pushed "hotter" than the others and tend to burn out a lot quicker - they burnt out faster than my SilverStar Ultra's on my Goldwing and FJR motorcycles and they were supposedly MC specific bulbs compared to the Sylvania car bulbs.

One of the better bulbs for actual distance vision are the Philips X-TremeVision bulbs. They are generally acknowledged to have some of the better light output performance for distance viewing, which for me (and most night time drivers) is more important than that "bright white HID" look.

·
Super Moderator
949 Posts
I used the PIAA bulbs after having very short bulb life on Sylvania Silverstars on my Miata. Go figure!
The cost was about $25-30, cheaper by the pair. I didn't try an alternative since I needed them ASAP and an off road truck store had them on hand.
The PIAA set was at least five years old when the Miata was sold.
Best regards
Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts