Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone named their Spider?
I have never named any inanimate object, but I feel compelled to name my new spider abarth. Online Italian baby names and an english-italian dictionary are my primary resources. I have Vita (full of life), and Sybil (the chick with multiple personalities) as my starting point.
Please share you spiders name with this group, it might be fun.:)

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
I'm definitely not into naming cars...but my wife named HER Ruby. Don't know why. It's white.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My wife named ours...it was pretty easy...ours is Bianco Perla...so she named it Bianca.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
This is the first vehicle (be it car or motorcycle) I have owned that I feel has a male gender. So if I was to name it, "he" would definitely have a guys name. I likely won't name him though. In normal conversation I just refer to him as "the spider".

·
Registered
958 Posts
Has anyone named their Spider?
I have never named any inanimate object, but I feel compelled to name my new spider abarth. Online Italian baby names and an english-italian dictionary are my primary resources. I have Vita (full of life), and Sybil (the chick with multiple personalities) as my starting point.
Please share you spiders name with this group, it might be fun.:)
Celestina

·
Registered
351 Posts
This is the first vehicle (be it car or motorcycle) I have owned that I feel has a male gender. So if I was to name it, "he" would definitely have a guys name. I likely won't name him though. In normal conversation I just refer to him as "the spider".
Sometimes I get a little crazy and call mine "The Fiat." Pretty wild, I know.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Never named any of the bikes or cars that have passed my way. However, the girlfriend persists in calling the spider, finished in 'passione' red Valentino. Hey it works for her and costs nothing so think I'll leave her to it.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Only ever named one car in my 18 car history. And that was a black '70 Rover P5B called "Bess"...

·
Registered
327 Posts
While I haven't named a car since I was a teenager, the Italian color names seem to lend themselves to it. So perhaps Rossa or Bianca, depending on what I get.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts